Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I just have to stop watching the news...

And stop thinking about the Conn. Shooting. :'( I get so worked up crying. Just the mere thought of loosing my kids about kills me. Hearing about those parents, my heart truly breaks for them.

Ive cried so much in the.past two days its insane. I think just not thinking about it will help and I can pull down my emotions. :'( no matter what its just beyond a heartbreaking tradgedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
goodmama85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Me either :( and I heard on the news about five mins ago the scumbag had enough ammo to kill many more :( god bless those children and their families.

Quoting Theirmamma0810:

I agree, I don't think I would ever be able to recover from losing either of my children.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I know,  last night I watched a father talk about his dd that was killed. I sat there and cried like a baby then i went and held my dd even though she was sleeping. I don't think I would ever be able to recover from loosing her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marymuff
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I am still crying.  I try not to watch the news but I need to stay abreast of current events.  I'm on my iPad alot also so it's unavoidable.  My heart goes out to all the families of the victims....it's so very sad and unfortunate.  I hold my 3 yr old son tighter every chance I get.  I pray for the victims & families.  I believe God is our comforter and in time will heal the hearts of these families.  

Momrr
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I am in the same boat. 

I finally had to turn off the morning news. I know what those prents are feeling is far worse than the emotion it brings to me just by watching, but it has gotten to the point to where now i just get so mad and upset at all the coverage. 

I know, we as Americans , need or want to know what is happening in our beautiful country but my heart has been in a vice since this all began. Im not sure i agree with all of those babies pictures being flashed on every news channel either. They need privacy right now, not invasive reporters and newscasters prying into the lives of these broken hearted families. 

God be with the families, my prayers are being sent to each one of them.

XSPECTRUMKAREN
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I am limiting news right now. I had to sit in my car and compose myself Saturday before I could go into the grocery store. I don't think it is good for us to expose ourselves to this kind of sadness all day long.

Also, it reminded me of what my nephew said to my sister-in-law after 9/11. Two or three days later he asked her when they were going to stop blowing up the buildings. He was 7 then and he didn't understand that he was seeing the same buildings collapsing over and over. He must have been terrified.

angeleyes16
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I think we should stop interviewing the kids and grieving parents. Let them grieve!

truetigress
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I too stopped watching the news coverage. I just couldn't deal with it. I have a five and eight year old. I did come on Facebook this morning and saw this...I knew I had to share it. Although it did bring a tear to my eye, there is also a bit of comfort in the words...

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. “where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. “This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land! “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! “Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around. “Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness,” I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

AM-BRAT
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Us too. DH and I watched the Obama talk last night and cuddled our kids and cried.

This particular week is a wacky one anyway, with doomsday coming. You never know what the wackos are gonna do with such a great excuse in their hands.

Combined with friday, is reason enough for our kids to be with us at all times this week. Only going to school for the field trip and performance this week. 

After vacation, Idk.

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I feel you on that. I just THINK about losing my daughter and I just cannot imagine. It literally breaks my heart. People keep posting statuses and pictures about it and when I read it, I just think about what those babies and teachers went through and I cry like a baby. I wish I could have been there to HOLD all those babies and protect them.
Today when I dropped DD off at school, I wanted to cry. I didn't want her to go. I just wanted her home with me even though I have faith that her school would do everthing possible to protect her and her friends, but sometimes things just can't be prevented and I just want my baby home.
If she never came home, I'd have to be put in a mental house because I would literally go crazy and lose my mind.

bloomsr
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I haven't watched any coverage. Even seeing an image sends me into tears. I can not talk about it without crying. It is just so awful and evil.
aiy1021
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

This just brought fresh tears to my eyes. I too have had to stay away from the news, and FB newsfeed I try to but it is hard when it is everywhere. My son is around the ages of the children who were slained and I can't fathom the feeling these parents are going through of the loss they have. I have to get away from it because I end up tearing up or getting paranoid especially today when I had to leave my son at school and daughter at daycare. I just need to stop putting myself in the "what if it was me" or "what if it was my son" thinking and pray to Jesus Christ and leave them in his hands. It is a tragedy that is beyond belief I just hope the media ends the coverage soon for the sake of these families but also not to give other monsters the same idea or to do something worse and end up shooting at a daycare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)