Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need to rant...

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

ABOUT MY BOSS.

I just got transferred to a new department.... everyone and their mother told me that my boss was a royal bitch. I didn't want to believe it... till today.

I was supposed to cover a co-workers shift cause she wanted to move today. Well, 2 hours before my shift I  got a call from my father telling me that my grandfather isn't doing too good (his liver is failing) and they're not sure how much time he may have. 

(Keep in mind, I rarely ever get to see my grandpa due to work and my son). So I called my boss and told her that I may have to call out due to a family emergency... she has the AUDACITY to tell me, "Well, it seems like we may have a calling out problem them." And then hung up on me.

I know, just know that I'll be seeing her tomorrow and that she'll say something to me in front of my other co-workers and possibly mortify me. (And make me cry, I'm pregnant, and hormonal.)

What should I do when she goes to talk to me...? I hate confrontation and I can't stand working for her.

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Go to her when you get to work and talk to her about it.

ParkersMama92
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I thought about that... but she's the type of person who if you go up to during work she'll put her hand up and act like you're bothering her. 

Quoting MrsApple:

rbdanes
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Just remember the reasons why you called out to begin with. As much as it stinks going to work knowing she'll be upset. Just remember that the important thing is you got to see your Grandfather. If she makes a big deal then just apologize and move on and it'll be forgotten soon.

mommy_madilyn
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM
She doesn't have the right to chew you out in front of other employees. If she does, go over her head and report her, explaining the situation of why you missed your shift. Hope everything gets better for you. I had a boss who yelled at everyone in front of customers and they reported her until she was FIRED. She made everyone feel 2 inches tall and it was horrible. I know how difficult it can be but you must stand up for yourself. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edorsey
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I agree with MrsApple, talk to her when you get to work. If she puts her hand up just say "if this isn't a good time then I would be more than happy to come back at a better time but I really feel that this needs to be addressed". After all, it's not like you just didn't feel like going in and you didn't do anything wrong. If this still doesn't work then I would talk to her supervisor or someone else higher up. That is not a good work environment and you should be able to talk to your boss.

Quoting ParkersMama92:

I thought about that... but she's the type of person who if you go up to during work she'll put her hand up and act like you're bothering her. 

Quoting MrsApple:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN