Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think this group needs...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
A thread that allows for anonymous replies, but ONLY specific threads, not the whole group. Anon buttons get out of hand sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PEEK05
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I don't think there is a system in place that can pick and choose which threads are okay.  I think it would need to be an all or nothing.

scoleman828
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Hmmm... I'm torn on that one. I HATE the anon button in groups like MC. but, in a smaller group like this, it might be okay for some threads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM
As a group mod of 20's this post is my opinion finding post so I can make a suggestion to admin. :)

Quoting PEEK05:

I don't think there is a system in place that can pick and choose which threads are okay.  I think it would need to be an all or nothing.

Mami2oneboy
2 moms liked this
It should be only anonymous poster not Replies cause the bitches will come out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
Right, like a specific threads or two, like "20's confessions" or something...

Quoting scoleman828:

Hmmm... I'm torn on that one. I HATE the anon button in groups like MC. but, in a smaller group like this, it might be okay for some threads.
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM
I don't think it's such a great idea honestly. We already have some cattyness here, and while its not nearly as bad as mc, imagine how bad it could get. This group would turn into another version of mc in no time! And even if it would only be in specific posts, people use that anon button way too much to harass others. Just look what happened to 504. Weather she created the initial drama or not, those crazies stalk her, and I'm sure something bad like that could happen here If we aren't careful...
StarryRain
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I guess I like the idea of anonymously confessing stresses or asking opinions, etc, in a smaller setting like here.

However for some reason the majority of CM members fail to see their own imperfections in the light of being able to anonymously judge others.

Quoting EmmaZate:

I don't think it's such a great idea honestly. We already have some cattyness here, and while its not nearly as bad as mc, imagine how bad it could get. This group would turn into another version of mc in no time! And even if it would only be in specific posts, people use that anon button way too much to harass others. Just look what happened to 504. Weather she created the initial drama or not, those crazies stalk her, and I'm sure something bad like that could happen here If we aren't careful...
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I think that's what I'm worried about. I ended my membership of mc because of that, and every once in awhile I peek when I see a post that intrigues me in the all active posts section. It amazes me how almost every post I see they are flipping out on each other like hormonal teenagers or bashing on the "target of the day" I seriously saw a post today where they were taking about who to target next! I don't like the anon button. So I can genuinely say, I vote no. :)

Quoting StarryRain:

I guess I like the idea of anonymously confessing stresses or asking opinions, etc, in a smaller setting like here.

However for some reason the majority of CM members fail to see their own imperfections in the light of being able to anonymously judge others.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I'm not so sure it would be a good idea. I agree that the idea could be nice. But, the Cafe was a relatively drama free group. They had much less drama than this group. Then the anon button was added and its not drama free anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)