Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far along were you..

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 54 Replies

How far along were you when you started to feel the baby move? What did it feel like?  And how far along were you when you found out the sex of the baby? 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It should be scientifically impossible for the following to be true, but I swear it's what I felt...

I felt the flutters (sort of little butterfly movements) at about 13-14 weeks. It was faint but I'm still convinced it was DS. It felt different from anything I'd ever felt before.

I found out DS' sex at my 20 week ultrasound.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
lol I felt the movement at 13 weeks too. And I have the nurse in the maternity ward as my witness because I had to be admitted for severe dehydration and as soon as the iv was hooked up, dd started doing flips in there and we could hear all her movement on the fetal doppler. It's like the iv gave her a boost of energy haha. I continued to feel the flutters up until 16 weeks when she started kicking and never stopped! :)

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

It should be scientifically impossible for the following to be true, but I swear it's what I felt...

I felt the flutters (sort of little butterfly movements) at about 13-14 weeks. It was faint but I'm still convinced it was DS. It felt different from anything I'd ever felt before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Movement at 15 weeks, gender at 20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Oh and we kinda never knew her sex for sure. At 19 weeks we had an ultrasound and she was in the shape of a fortune cookie, she wouldn't show us anything. 2 weeks later we had to go back to get the measurements that that they weren't able to get prior, and the tech said she "might" be a girl lol. Then at 27.5 weeks we had another one because I was measuring big, still left us with "possibly" a girl! And our last one was 2 days before I hit 41 weeks and we left with "probably" a girl. 2 days later she was born and thank goodness she was a girl because everyone took it.upon themselves to buy pinking EVERYTHING for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kels1023
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I'm 16 weeks, and I'm not sure if what I feel is him moving, or something else.  At first I thought it wa just my stomach rumbling, kind of twitching, but Its been happening a lot over the last few days and I'm not exactly sure if its just my stomach being weird, or if I can feel him move. 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

lol I felt the movement at 13 weeks too. And I have the nurse in the maternity ward as my witness because I had to be admitted for severe dehydration and as soon as the iv was hooked up, dd started doing flips in there and we could hear all her movement on the fetal doppler. It's like the iv gave her a boost of energy haha. I continued to feel the flutters up until 16 weeks when she started kicking and never stopped! :)

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

krbooth
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I felt the butterflies pretty early too!

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I bet it's the baby! :)

Quoting kels1023:

I'm 16 weeks, and I'm not sure if what I feel is him moving, or something else.  At first I thought it wa just my stomach rumbling, kind of twitching, but Its been happening a lot over the last few days and I'm not exactly sure if its just my stomach being weird, or if I can feel him move. 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kels1023
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

That makes me want to cry. I'm retarded amounts of emotional lol 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I bet it's the baby! :)

Quoting kels1023:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

3Aces2012.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM
13 weeks! It looked like a small ball rolled across my belly. I was so shocked because it was so early in my pregnancy! I was super skinny so that may have had something to do with it.
I didnt find out the sex until I was 21 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMal1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I felt "something" right around the same time (13-14 weeks) with my DS! It was just one little flick on the inside, and I knew it was him. Nothing could convince me otherwise :D

Also found out the sex at the 20 weeks ultrasound, although I already knew it was a boy.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)