• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Input please!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

My partner and I have recently joined an organization with many cool avenues in it. One cool side to it is that we work on our family dynamic as a whole together. We are bettering our livies inside and out. The other side is that it has turned into a business for us as we have gathered those dearest to us to do the same.

My question lies in this ..... Part of the organization is geared toward children. It teaches leadership, the value of money, and empowers them to strive on. Sounds awesome huh? Well, my son is 6, and he is eating the material up. He has worked out a system to save 10% of his chore money into savings and created his own little budget. I don't want to hold him back as I think that it has created a strong foundation for him, but when is it too much?

I want him to have all the tools he needs, but I want him to enjoy his childhood too!

I appreciate all you have to say!

Lauren

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
3angels23
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I think that a budget and 10% savings is awesome and probably all he needs for now I wouldn't push anything and tell him that he doesn't need to be the one to do the major stressing that is you and your partners job;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenryan
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I completely agree. The budget was his so I thought it was cute!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM

i think its great.. its never too early to teach your kids real life skills. we do something similar with our son (5 years).. while we are not so big on chores.. small apartment if he wants to help cool but if not no worries that will come a bit when hes older.. we do it with school.

a's (a, a+ & a-) = $10

b's = $5

c+ = $2

c = $0

c - = He owes us $2 (to be taken out of the money earned from the good grades)

d's = $-5

f's = $-10

then if he wants to save it .. we will give a little intrest

if he wants to spend it on something he wants .. as long as its not all on candy.. go for it he earned it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)