Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime war

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
Dd is 3 1/2 and bedtime has become a war!!
Does anyone have any tips on how to make it easier and less war like??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
babylove041810
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Anyone??
hplesha
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Start bedtime routine.earlier. for us, i try and start dinner at 5, then after dinner, my youngest takes a bath, then he plays for about 20 mins, he has a snack, brushes his teeth or at least tries lol and then hes in bed by 730pm. Sometimes he plays in bed for a while so he doesn't actually fall asleep for a half hour..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM
We start dinner around 5. Bath time starts at 7-715 she's in bed by 8. She won't stay in bed. I don't mind it when she sits there and plays quietly with her bedtime toy (giant stuffed catipillar) but she gets up and jumps on the bed and gets out of bed to play with toys. She runs around her room and does head stands up against the wall on her bed. She usually doesn't get to sleep until around 11.

Quoting hplesha:

Start bedtime routine.earlier. for us, i try and start dinner at 5, then after dinner, my youngest takes a bath, then he plays for about 20 mins, he has a snack, brushes his teeth or at least tries lol and then hes in bed by 730pm. Sometimes he plays in bed for a while so he doesn't actually fall asleep for a half hour..
bfairbanks
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 3 1/2 yr old and she has just started the whole I want to sleep in te room with mom, or I'm thirsty 55 times, or she gets up n sneaks to the kitchen. I'm having the same issues...I think it's the age. I am just firm and explain if she don't go to bed I don't get to neither does her sister...it don't really work. Good luck tho :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)