Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I'm really relieved and happy I found a support group online! I'm recently a new Mom and I love taking care of my child. Her name is Claire (short for Clairetta) and she was born on August 14th, 2012. My name is Rachael and I'm 22 and currently live in Indiana with my fiance Sebastian and our new baby daughter.

The reason I seeked out a support group for stay at homes is because lately I've been feeling very, very depressed and lonely. I feel like I have nobody to talk who would understand. I really want a friend to talk because I don't have a Mom, my fiance doesn't 100% get it, and I don't have any friends.

This depression is killing me slowly and I don't know what to do. I really hate myself for being depressed.

Sorry to be a downer, but I really need help.

Rachael

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MissMal1
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Hi Rachael!

Our babies are similar in age, my son, Oliver was born on the 26th of August.

I can completely relate to your situation. I've been without friends prtty much since I announced my pregnancy. Being at home with just the baby is such a blessing, but the days become long when theres no one you feel you can reach out to.

funhappymom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hi Rachael-

For some, the transition to being home 24/7 is rough. I'm glad you found the site though. You'll meet some great moms here.

sumannie
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Welcome! Theres a depression support center here if you want to join you can go there.
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

So sorry you're dealing with that, Rachael. You should really check out this group, too:

BunnyandBear74
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Thank you so much everyone for your support! I appreciate it!

mishlerdr24
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Whereabouts in Indiana do you live? I live in South Bend. My son is 13 months and i'm 25 years old! Welcome to the momma world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BunnyandBear74
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I live in Bloomington. Your little boy is so cute! Thank you! Momma world hit me fast because I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was do in 4 months!! At times it is very, very overwhelming. But then are times I enjoy it so much! I feel kind of crazy because of my emotions going up and down! Lol. How are you coping with being a mommy?

mama_carmel
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hey there! SAHM myself! DD is 6, DS is 18mo.
I don't have any friends either that I talk to much. 

Feel free to add me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)