Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello.... Having another baby!

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am 21 years old and I am a mother of one son! He is the greatest gift I have ever been given! The sweetest little love of my life! He is 14 months old and a little rascal. No he was not planned I was only 19 when I got pregnant and his father and I only knew eachother for 6 months when I got pregnant! Saying that it was a rough road but we are very much in love and just recently got engaged and are planning on a wedding in the near future! :) Being a young mom has been hard and I've dealt with a lot of pain and depression because I felt like my life was over and I never had any time to do the things I used to love to do! It wasn't until recently that I realized that my life is not over, since I lost all my friends when I got pregnant, but there are better days ahead and I am now an adult and can do more mature things than just wanting to party all the time! I wouldn't trade my son for anything! I absolutely love love love being a mom! He is the best part of my day my pride and joy! :) 

So I had some questions.... Here lately I have been wanting another baby! I love being a mom and I miss the days when my son really let me care and nurture him... the days when he would just lay in my arms and cuddle with me! Now he never sits still and runs around like a little monster! lol The issue I have is that my fiance DOES NOT want another one... This hurts me so bad because my entire life I've wanted at least 3 kids. The other thing is that I really want a little girl! I've tried to compromise with him and said that we try once more and that's it! I will get my tubes tied and we will never have to have this conversation again... That is not good enough for him! I'm unsure of how to go about the conversation in a positive way to even just have him think about it! Not necessarily say yes lets do it but even just an "OK baby I will think about it!" So i wanted to know what you ladies thought and you're experience with this! 

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
If he doesn't want any more kids and you do I would recommend waiting to marry him until you can figure this out.
When is the wedding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I went through this with my partner. He was on board with #2 but did not want a third... ultimately he agreed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momof1014
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

We don't have a date set yet... But we both agreed that we don't want to wait more than 2 years! I know he secretly wants more kids by the facial expressions he makes when I bring it up casually he just won't admit to it! or take the steps to get there! I try telling him like I'm not saying lets do it tomorrow... but to just maybe plan and think about it and be able to talk about it! He just won't... It would mean everything to me to just have a positive conversation about it instead of him just always saying no

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Welcome!  Does your fiance not want any more kids at all, period, or is it something that he wants to wait and have another one after some time?

Quoting Momof1014:

Hello everyone,

I am 21 years old and I am a mother of one son! He is the greatest gift I have ever been given! The sweetest little love of my life! He is 14 months old and a little rascal. No he was not planned I was only 19 when I got pregnant and his father and I only knew eachother for 6 months when I got pregnant! Saying that it was a rough road but we are very much in love and just recently got engaged and are planning on a wedding in the near future! :) Being a young mom has been hard and I've dealt with a lot of pain and depression because I felt like my life was over and I never had any time to do the things I used to love to do! It wasn't until recently that I realized that my life is not over, since I lost all my friends when I got pregnant, but there are better days ahead and I am now an adult and can do more mature things than just wanting to party all the time! I wouldn't trade my son for anything! I absolutely love love love being a mom! He is the best part of my day my pride and joy! :) 

So I had some questions.... Here lately I have been wanting another baby! I love being a mom and I miss the days when my son really let me care and nurture him... the days when he would just lay in my arms and cuddle with me! Now he never sits still and runs around like a little monster! lol The issue I have is that my fiance DOES NOT want another one... This hurts me so bad because my entire life I've wanted at least 3 kids. The other thing is that I really want a little girl! I've tried to compromise with him and said that we try once more and that's it! I will get my tubes tied and we will never have to have this conversation again... That is not good enough for him! I'm unsure of how to go about the conversation in a positive way to even just have him think about it! Not necessarily say yes lets do it but even just an "OK baby I will think about it!" So i wanted to know what you ladies thought and you're experience with this! 

Reina13
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM
He may change his mind later on, but I would discuss this more before getting married.
jslpruitt
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I have 2 dd's and I told my dh i would like to try for a 3rd so maybe i can get a boy, he argued saying that he already has a son, but his son is not MY son, yes he is my stepson but its diff,

He said he would think about it after i kept pesterin him about it, he now talk about us having a 3rd once my 2nd dd is a little older, she is only a year

FoxTales
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM
this. Your son is only 14 months old.. Maybe he just wants to wait a little while.

Quoting seraphimsong:

He may change his mind later on, but I would discuss this more before getting married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loren_0710
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Does your fiance want no more kids period or just a timing issue? I do not want a third right now or possibly ever, but my husband wants a third ASAP. There is no comprising from me, I had post partum depression that almost ended my life. My husband obviously understands so there is no pressure
Momof1014
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

He says he is ok with only one child... it's enough for him! I try to explain to him that I love being a mother and want another one to raise and nurture! I want a girl really bad! It may be a timing issue because our son is so young! I'm unsure... He doesn't really want to talk about it he sometimes acts like it's timing then other times he acts like he does not want another one at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)