Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're Pregnant Too???

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

So.....my husband is under the false impression that he is expecting too (I mean, independently carrying a baby). My husband has been between 150-165 since I start dating him twelve years ago. He eats what he wants and it's never good (all junk, sparse veggies and fruits).

This pregnancy has me expanding quick! I am eating everything I can get my hands on. So my husband is mimicking me, it seems. But it does not show on him; I am getting the big belly, the stretch marks, etc!!!!

Lately, I have been giving him the side eye when he starts talking about his imaginary expanding uterus and belly, imaginary stretch marks, and being hungry all the time.

Did your SO mimic your pregnancy symptoms????

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brookesmommy611
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM
My dh had a sympathy pregnancy my mom called it. When I got sick so did he. When I craved something so did he. When I was in labor I was feeling nauseous and they had to give him something so he wouldn't puke. He would call me at work and ask how I was feelin because his back hurt and he didnt feel good. I'd say you're pregnant too?! Funny how that happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Quoting Brookesmommy611:

My dh had a sympathy pregnancy my mom called it. When I got sick so did he. When I craved something so did he. When I was in labor I was feeling nauseous and they had to give him something so he wouldn't puke. He would call me at work and ask how I was feelin because his back hurt and he didnt feel good. I'd say you're pregnant too?! Funny how that happens

Sympathy pregnancy....that is a clever thing to call it. But it is definitely all in their heads!

mkmommy0406
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM
My husband had morning sickness for about a week when I was pregnant with our oldest. I never had it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still pregnant with our first 29 weeks now. My DH likes to poke his gut out and tell me we are having multiples! He thinks it sooo cute lol
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Lol your husband has the same body type as my husband... Except my husband is about 135. He claimed he was gaining weight while I was pregnant... I didn't see much change in him though lol.

ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Lol your husband has the same body type as my husband... Except my husband is about 135. He claimed he was gaining weight while I was pregnant... I didn't see much change in him though lol.

Doesn't that drive you insane???? Does he eat all the wrong things too???

CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My husbands gained 20lbs on my third pregnancy so far! He eats so much crap. Like seriously he will eat 4 helpings! Hes still like fit though. Hes not like super muscular like ur dh, hes always been thin but he has muscle, just doesnt show..so his plan is to gain 20 more lbs and then turn it into muscle. ....my response..goood for you bucko o.O ...i have 6 weeks left and I doubt ill ever be able to turn anything into muscle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

yep my DH did. he also gained weight though. our third baby has/had us both gaining. i remember with....i think it was our first, we were sitting on the couch eating an dhe looked over at me and told me he thinks he felt the baby move, sat for a minute and looked at me and said yep...i felt the baby move. *sigh*

ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting ilovecandy:

yep my DH did. he also gained weight though. our third baby has/had us both gaining. i remember with....i think it was our first, we were sitting on the couch eating an dhe looked over at me and told me he thinks he felt the baby move, sat for a minute and looked at me and said yep...i felt the baby move. *sigh*

Now that's in sync!

Margaretc522
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
My DH has definitely been sick and craving more junk than me this pregnancy. I tell him it's a good thing the guys don't actually have to be pregnant cuz he'd never survive. And balanced diet!? Not a chance he'd do that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)