Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

santa

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
is it bad that my step kids(well one) know santa not real but we doing tha whole santa thing my step son still beleves n wants to do the whole thing cookies n milk out but we started bc of our 10 month old. we didnt last year since he was in the womb (but was there)
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Nope.  The older ones can learn compassion by keeping the spirit of santa alive for the other children.  DD baked cookies with her grandpa for santa but daddy ate them so now we have to make more.

noahmommie2012
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Quoting frndlyfn:

Nope. ย The older ones can learn compassion by keeping the spirit of santa alive for the other children. ย DD baked cookies with her grandpa for santa but daddy ate them so now we have to make more.

the step son he 10 and i tell him well santa dont come to kids who are bad and dont sleep on xmas eve and all that. he ask where does santa get the present in an apt. i tell him we text santa if you been good or bad and he send us a text 30 mins before he lands in our neighborhood. he wants to bake cookies and leave them out for santa before he goes to bed with milk. but the stepdaughter dont come around or anything so she not a problem. she told us she refuse to come over here xmas morning we have to take all her stuff to her house. i think the step son not mess it up for his baby brother since he tells him santa comes to good boys so you better be good.
Chibi_Kitten
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Nope, it's awesome when older siblings encourage and "play along" for the younger ones. My 9yo doesn't believe Santa is a real person but his 4yo sister does so he goes along with it for her sake, he knows and understands that it's not his place to tell anyone else what is or is not real.

Nicoles2LilRams
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Usually the older kids are awesome about keeping the secret.  I have several older cousins, and they never spoiled it for me, and I have even more younger cousins, and I never spoiled it for them!  Kids *want* to believe in Santa even after they know the truth, I think.

funhappymom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I think it's great to continue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)