Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother of 2

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am ne to Cafemom. I am 25 years old and i am a mother of 2. I have recently finished school with a bachelors degree in child development. I've also recently had my second baby girl on December 11th 2012. I had my first baby girl on September 29th 2011, so they are only 15 months apart. I'm already beyond tired. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay at home while my husband goes to work. There are days where i feel so overwhelmed and unfortunately my husband does not understand completely how difficult it is to deal with two little ones. I decided to search for a place where i could find other mothers who can relate to the hardships of parenthood and share advice and possibly meet new friends. I wanted to see if there are other mothers who have had there children close together in age and how to deal with the everyday stresses?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
loren_0710
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My girls are not as close together as yours....they are 2.5 and 5 now... I have always been a working mom, I work 40+ hours a week and so does my husband. Luckily my husband and I make a good team so most of the time I am not stressed. But I would say since school started for our kindergartner I have been more stressed. My husband works on average 55 hours a week, but goes into work at 10am, so often times he is not getting home until 8pm or later every night. By time I pick up my girls from daycare, it is 6pm. We have two dogs, I have to cook dinner, give baths, do homework, get them to bed in a little under 3 hours. When my husband gets home he is tired and I don't really expect him to help. I was recently told that I should just let things go. The laundry can sit for a few more hours or days, the dishes can be done tomorrow, we can vaccum tomorrow etc etc....hard for me to do sometimes because I like a CLEAN house but I prefer a happier mommy too! 

aimlee
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM

My daughter was 17 months when my son was born. It was a struggle the first couple of months trying to get in a routine, and  I was breastfeeding. Now, my son is 10 months and my daugter is little over 2. They are at the age where they annoy each other (he knocks over her blocks, she TRIES to draw on his head). Best advice is spend as much time with one while the other is sleeping. I also had my daughter "help me", she always got the diaper for me etc. She was potty trained by 22 months which was the BIGGEST help ever. 

you can message me if you would like :)

funhappymom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I'm glad you found CafeMom. There are many moms who have children close in age. My oldest two are 2 years apart and some days it was really tough when they were little. Now they are best friends.

bookwormmom2
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My daughters are 20 months apart...22 months and 2 months old..my husband is currently in afghanistan as a private contractor and is fine for a year. I completely understand how overwhelming it could be. I'm not eden great st talking to adults anymore and even though she's doing week so far, I'm potty training my eldest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Welcome!  Congrats on getting your education, that's great!  Congrats too on your newest little girl. :)

Quoting mommy19871112:

I am ne to Cafemom. I am 25 years old and i am a mother of 2. I have recently finished school with a bachelors degree in child development. I've also recently had my second baby girl on December 11th 2012. I had my first baby girl on September 29th 2011, so they are only 15 months apart. I'm already beyond tired. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay at home while my husband goes to work. There are days where i feel so overwhelmed and unfortunately my husband does not understand completely how difficult it is to deal with two little ones. I decided to search for a place where i could find other mothers who can relate to the hardships of parenthood and share advice and possibly meet new friends. I wanted to see if there are other mothers who have had there children close together in age and how to deal with the everyday stresses?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)