Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How would u feel if your in-laws moved in with you & your lil fam??

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 81 Replies
Soooo ladies how would u feel if your in-laws moved in with u & ur lil family only a few weeks after u just moved in to ur 3bed room home & never really got the chance to enjoy ur home because they had moved in so quickly?, I feel so frustrated about it & I can't really say much to my dh because he feels bad they have nowhere else to go, then it makes me feel bad for bringing up the fact I'm starting to have a problem with them living with us!, it's soooooo awkward! Lol plz tell me wat u think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ayla-bellesmom
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

No. Just....no.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I would hate it! Not because my in-laws are bad people but I just hate living with people who aren't my husband and kids. Lol I would be willing to help them for awhile but after a month or two they need ti figure something out. GL!
kaiser10123
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Good luck it's Hell! My MIL and BIL moved in with us and there was No Privacy Constant fighting and people crossing Boundaries(oh they had to go and left after 2 months) I will Never do it again Ever! Sorry you have to go through this.
JazzieBrogdon
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Yea they've been here for about 3months & my hair is literally falling out because of all the stress I'm holding in idk wat to do!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

I would hate it! Not because my in-laws are bad people but I just hate living with people who aren't my husband and kids. Lol I would be willing to help them for awhile but after a month or two they need ti figure something out. GL!

JazzieBrogdon
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Girl I know wat u mean & now my sil just come in with us the beginning of the month!, she's fine but has 3kids that have been driving me up a wall (they don't really like to share!)

Quoting kaiser10123:

Good luck it's Hell! My MIL and BIL moved in with us and there was No Privacy Constant fighting and people crossing Boundaries(oh they had to go and left after 2 months) I will Never do it again Ever! Sorry you have to go through this.

kaiser10123
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Yea that situation was a lesson learned! Check, Noted, and won't happen again! It might work if its only one person but more then one is too much for me.

Quoting JazzieBrogdon:

Girl I know wat u mean & now my sil just come in with us the beginning of the month!, she's fine but has 3kids that have been driving me up a wall (they don't really like to share!)

Quoting kaiser10123:

coupon_ash_back
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like living with people...but if they had to i'd get over it. I wouldn't be too thrilled but it is what it is.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM
My inlaws have stayed with us for weeks at a time. Its hard with the fact bills/food go way up but they try to help. Its not easy but I won't turn away his family. We don't have extra rooms live in a 3bed 1bath house so they use the living room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzieBrogdon
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Same here! Thank u for ur honesty, I felt wrong for feeling a sort of hate twords them, especially that they try to give my dh random gifts! Knowing I can't afford most of the stuff they get him! It's like they think "well if we get on his good side he won't kick us out anytime soon" ugh its so irritating

Quoting kaiser10123:

Yea that situation was a lesson learned! Check, Noted, and won't happen again! It might work if its only one person but more then one is too much for me.

Quoting JazzieBrogdon:

Quoting kaiser10123:

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I. would. go. NUTS!! I would be having a panic attack...that's how stressed out his family makes me feel. :-S

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN