Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Other Woman...

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

So this has never personally happened to me nor have I ever been that "other woman," but I know a few girls that have been the other woman in a relationship, some of which still are to this day. It just makes me sick to my stomach that these women think it is okay to sleep, flirt, kiss, etc with a man who has a significant other. Now don't get me wrong I know the man is clearly at fault too, but I just don't see how someone could live with themselves knowing they are sneaking around with someone who is already taken. Sometimes I really want to tell these women...YOUR MAN IS CHEATING ON YOU, but I don't know them very well, plus it is not really my place... I would just hate to be in their position so it leaves me at a loss as to what to do.

Any thoughts?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My thought is always the same: myob

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:36 AM
I saw myob as mind your own beer! My mind is not where it should be...

Quoting Unoriginal.:

My thought is always the same: myob

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nv11jordan
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:03 AM
I was in a relationship like that before. For a year my ex cheated on me and everyone decided to mind their own business. When I finally found out I was outraged. Then I got out of the relationship and thought, wish someone would have had the courage to tell me I would have gotten out sooner. Of course not everyone thinks this way. I've been chewed at when I was the messenger on other issues so every situationis different based on the person.
1stpreggers
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I would say something. I don't approve of being with ppl that are in relationships. I couldn't be friends with someone like that .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I think it's disgusting! If a man is already in a relationship, why add the drama into your own life! There's way too many single men for all that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblossom20
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:09 AM
This!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I would say something. I don't approve of being with ppl that are in relationships. I couldn't be friends with someone like that .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM

I was almost the other woman once. There was this guy in one of my classes in college that I was intrested in, and we hung out a lot, and kissed a couple of times, but never went on a date or made anything official. Then a mutual friend told me that he was actually married, and I was shocked, because he never mentioned that. I asked him, and he was like, Yeah...but we can still hang out. Um sorry, but no thank you. I stopped talking to him, and he went on to try and swoon another girl in our class. I never want to be cheated on, so why would want to knowingly be the other woman.

EAzizM
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Id want to know and i hope my friends would have the balls to tell me, just like id tell them.
Miss_Sheila
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:15 AM
um i was always the other women wen my dh and i would separate n he would date other grls . yes i would tell them. i would ruin every relationship he tried to have it was worth it cause now we r happyily together. we r still very young though so this happend in the last few years. im glad i ruined it for him. i wasnt gonna let him be happy with nobody else.HELLL NO!!
BananasBananas
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM
The exact same happened to me: got cheated on, nobody told me. I was furious! And one of the people who could have said something got angry at me when I told them their SO was cheating on them. I thought it was a message that I would have appreciated the message back.

I have never felt more stupid than I did after knowing my entire group of friends would see me and they would mentally shake their heads and think to themselves "She doesn't even know." Derp.

Quoting nv11jordan:

I was in a relationship like that before. For a year my ex cheated on me and everyone decided to mind their own business. When I finally found out I was outraged. Then I got out of the relationship and thought, wish someone would have had the courage to tell me I would have gotten out sooner. Of course not everyone thinks this way. I've been chewed at when I was the messenger on other issues so every situationis different based on the person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)