Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I HATE my sister...

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I'm angry with my sister. There have been many occasions where her and her SO have made me angry, but this really is the straw that broke the camel's back!

Our mom got a promotion at work, found out on the 24th. I said to dad, brother and sis (plus her SO) that we would have to wait until she is on holidays in January (she has 3 weeks booked) and then once we know she has the house done up nicely, we should get a cake to say 'Congratulations Mom!' and surprise her with it.

By the evening of the (december) 28th, sis calls from mom and dad's and "invites" me over to share in cake with them. Nevermind the fact that she was choking on her words as they were coming out, it wasn't genuine at all. So at 530 I was expected to pack my (sick with a cold) self into the vehicle that I would have to work way too hard to get out of the shop and somehow magically get my sleeping baby into the carseat and over to their house in time to share in cake...

C'mon, it's not that difficult to send a text message.

Even if they decided for themselves on short notice that they were going to do this, they have an hour long drive to mom and dad's house, where she would have been a passenger! If they planned to have me there, they would have let me know.

So mom calls me a few minutes later and asks why I'm not coming. I told her I was sick, the vehicle was in the shop and ds was sleeping. Also said that this was my idea and that I told them I wanted to wait until she was on holidays in January and that I am absolutey blindsided by this!

Of course I am not happy. She took my thoughtful idea and tried to pass it off as their own and tried to exclude me entirely!

I don't believe that these two have one full brain between them that they could use to create a thoughtful idea of their own, so they stole mine!

I am ready to tear a huge strip off of her, but don't want to ruin the feeling of the gesture for my mom. I'm sure she would feel bad if this put a rift between us, but it's about time something is said to these idiots.

If you got this far, thanks for reading... I so need to vent.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I would rip her a new one as well and explain to mom not to feel bad.  She isnt the one who tries to push you aside for things.  Poor mom and poor you.  I would not go anywhere either when i am sick.

We are done dealing with one stepson and possibly both.  Tried to say dd made grandson cry when he never cried that day.  Dad is in for a wake up call when his son enters the school system and has to follow rules that i have tried to enfore during visits.

white_wolf454
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:16 AM

hugs *beats sister with rolled newpaper * bad bad sister bad !

VictoriousTory
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM

my sister and I have had issues like that.... and when I would tell my mom about my annoyances with her she either takes her side or dismisses me. I have learned to not tell my mom anything anyway beccause she just goes and tells my sister everything I said. I don't mind if its something that needs to be said to her or if its something that she needs to know that she was out of line about.... but some stuff I am just venting and yet my mom tells her anyway. then she lies to me about it. We have been having major issues for about 2 years now.... For your sake, and mine I hope everything works out!!!! 

seraphimsong
by Ashley on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I'm sorry. I would be pisses too! There is NO reason they couldn't of given you a heads up or just waited like you wanted to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jyofray
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I sense the "golden child" b.s here. Sorry hun. Hopefully you all can work through it. Happy Holidays and God Bless
MissMal1
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Yeah, I just spoke with mom and she said they missed me last night, and then said something to the effect that my sister isn't capable of being devious. I agreed with her, I said that she couldn't do it by herself because her and her SO would need their full, combined brain power to figure out a plan that complex. Told mom I am so done with them, it's likely going to be Easter before we speak again.

Thanks for listening ladies, I appreciate the support :)

faelynn.oswald
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I'd be so upset!!

Unforgettable21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol love this!

Quoting white_wolf454:

white_wolf454
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:05 AM

glad ya love it . i wanted op and anyone to get a laugh

Quoting Unforgettable21:

Lol love this!

Quoting white_wolf454:

Unforgettable21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I definitely laughed. Very funny.

Quoting white_wolf454:

glad ya love it . i wanted op and anyone to get a laugh

Quoting Unforgettable21:

Lol love this!

Quoting white_wolf454:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN