Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What age did/will you let your kids stay up untill midnight on new years eve?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 35 Replies
I *thought* about letting our 3 year old stay up. Definatly not my 20 month old! She HAS to be in bed between 8/9 or she gets very grumpy..she loves to sleep. My 3 year old however is starting to understand stuff, she usually goes to bed 15 minutes after our 20 month old.

Im on the fence, dh usually falls asleep so the company would be nice! Lol idk. We will see how she acts after our 20 month old goes to bed, shes being a tad wild right now.

So how about your kids? I was 3 my first time with my grandma & grandpa :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:22 PM

My 3 1/2 yr old DS will be in bed well before midnight.  He would be way too cranky if I let him stay up and it wouldnt be enjoyable.  Happy New Years!

ChelseySpelsey
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Since birth. Haha they don't have school and I don't work, so we make it a good time! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellableu87
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM
This will be the first year. They are 4 and 5. My 3 month old will fall asleep when she is ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Mine are 7 and 4 and would not make it, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Mine are 3 and almost 5 and I am going to set us up on the couch with movies until 12. If they fall asleep, oh well. If they stay up then we watch fireworks. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM

My kids are 13, 9, 3, and 9 months, and all but the 9 month old will be staying up as long as they want. We have family over, and it's out tradition, we stay up and celebrate until 1 or 2 in the morning with fireworks, so they wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. 

Fields456
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Dd has been staying up till midnight since she was 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM
My son is 6 and still doesn't make it to stay up that late. I've always let him try to stay up that late as long as he would be able to sleep late the next morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Probably around 5 I let them try and stay up because they wanted too. It never happened lol, my kids have always gone to bed early and woke up early, except my son. My girls are out before 10 at the latest and they are teenagers. But they are up at 5am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I hope she chills out once Hadley is in bed!

Quoting Fields456:

Dd has been staying up till midnight since she was 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)