Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hashtags (stupid question)

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

I know that people use hashtags on twitter. What purpose do they serve on Facebook? I have friends who post fb statuses with hashtags so I was just wondering.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think they're just showing that they're cooler than us.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I don't get it either. Lol I know a lot of people have their Facebook and Twitter linked so that is how it started...lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I dont get why it is called hashtag in first place.

chanceordesire
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM

The # or "hashtag" is just a silly fad. A lot of people like it because it emphasizes what they are trying to express. For example: "Going to Casie's for her birthday! #Partytime!"

chanceordesire
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting TexasWife:

I know that people use hashtags on twitter. What purpose do they serve on Facebook? I have friends who post fb statuses with hashtags so I was just wondering.

A stupid question is a question not asked. :)

.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Because this (#) was called a hash mark before it was called a number symbol or pound sign.

And, on twitter, when you use the # in front of a statement, you're tagging something that you want to trend. For example, I could tweet a photo of my baby girl blowing a kiss, and I could write it like this Kissies from baby girl! #cutestbabyever #Babykisses #Iloveher.

Trending right now, I'm sure, is #happynewyear #dontdrinkanddrive and #besafe.

I think it's stupid though, and never use them.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I dont get why it is called hashtag in first place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Because your can link twitter with Facebook, and if you post to twitter, it copies to Facebook. Some people are just dumb, though. Lol.

Quoting TexasWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM

One of my friends that does it doesn't have a twitter. lol.

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

Because your can link twitter with Facebook, and if you post to twitter, it copies to Facebook. Some people are just dumb, though. Lol.

Quoting TexasWife:

Donna.June
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I understand some are linked to twitter or instagram. But there are a lot of people who have neither and still use it. I find it highly annoying. It's just another dumb fad.
busymom64064
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yeap. Alot of people also have their twitter ame facebook.accounts linked......so, whatever shows up on their twitter alsoposts on their facebook statuses at the same times.

Quoting chanceordesire:

The # or "hashtag" is just a silly fad. A lot of people like it because it emphasizes what they are trying to express. For example: "Going to Casie's for her birthday! #Partytime!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN