Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hashtags (stupid question)

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

I know that people use hashtags on twitter. What purpose do they serve on Facebook? I have friends who post fb statuses with hashtags so I was just wondering.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think they're just showing that they're cooler than us.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I don't get it either. Lol I know a lot of people have their Facebook and Twitter linked so that is how it started...lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I dont get why it is called hashtag in first place.

chanceordesire
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM

The # or "hashtag" is just a silly fad. A lot of people like it because it emphasizes what they are trying to express. For example: "Going to Casie's for her birthday! #Partytime!"

chanceordesire
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting TexasWife:

I know that people use hashtags on twitter. What purpose do they serve on Facebook? I have friends who post fb statuses with hashtags so I was just wondering.

A stupid question is a question not asked. :)

.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Because this (#) was called a hash mark before it was called a number symbol or pound sign.

And, on twitter, when you use the # in front of a statement, you're tagging something that you want to trend. For example, I could tweet a photo of my baby girl blowing a kiss, and I could write it like this Kissies from baby girl! #cutestbabyever #Babykisses #Iloveher.

Trending right now, I'm sure, is #happynewyear #dontdrinkanddrive and #besafe.

I think it's stupid though, and never use them.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I dont get why it is called hashtag in first place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Because your can link twitter with Facebook, and if you post to twitter, it copies to Facebook. Some people are just dumb, though. Lol.

Quoting TexasWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM

One of my friends that does it doesn't have a twitter. lol.

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

Because your can link twitter with Facebook, and if you post to twitter, it copies to Facebook. Some people are just dumb, though. Lol.

Quoting TexasWife:

Donna.June
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I understand some are linked to twitter or instagram. But there are a lot of people who have neither and still use it. I find it highly annoying. It's just another dumb fad.
busymom64064
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yeap. Alot of people also have their twitter ame facebook.accounts linked......so, whatever shows up on their twitter alsoposts on their facebook statuses at the same times.

Quoting chanceordesire:

The # or "hashtag" is just a silly fad. A lot of people like it because it emphasizes what they are trying to express. For example: "Going to Casie's for her birthday! #Partytime!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN