Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The only way marriage works...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 19 Replies

He has to love you more than you love him.

Agree/disagree? Thoughts?

(It's a quote from a movie, not my head. lol)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethought
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Yeah I've heard that and I kind of agree (it was in a Cosmo issue too)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

FTR: I don't think it's the only way marriage works, but after being in a marriage that was the opposite of that I was actually looking for that. Now I think we're a little more equally matched.

HippieMomma86
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe the key to marriage is never falling out of love with each other at the same time.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Oh! Oh! I love that too! Because the passion part rises and falls in cycles, so that makes perfect sense. Everything is fine so long as you're not both out of love at the same time. Are we on the same page or did I misunderstand you?

Quoting HippieMomma86:

I believe the key to marriage is never falling out of love with each other at the same time.

RheaF
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
IMHO, marriage takes love and respect from both sides. I do not believe one should love more than the other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

i disagree. you love each other the same.

ChancesMommy07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Disagree. But I don't agree that its 50/50 either. Nothing in life is truly 50/50. As long as you are both in it and committed the marriage will work. Love isn't static, its constantly changing and growing and the degrees will vary through the years. Its how much work you put in that determines the rest.

Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Disagree, love alone can't sustain a marriage. It also takes equal parts participation, and a common goal.

"True love isn't gazing into each others eyes, but outward in the same direction."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

hmmm i dunno

doneal
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I know that  marriage can and will work if you learn to just deal with an issue as soon as it's there, keeping things inside is never good for an relationship. Say what you feel, talk about it and grow from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)