Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!! Sorry its been awhile....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello everyone!!

Sorry its been awhile since i have been on. Alot has been goin on. But VERY HAPPY to say things are a whole lot better now. Dh & I have quit drinking and smoking. We have kicked alot of friends to the kirb (sp? ) due to drama, lies, & Bullshit. so I feel like this is a whole new chapter for us. We feel so happy and so much stronger now. I guess everything just takes time and patience.

I have also went on a pretty good health kick. I dont drink soda anymore except for on special occasions and well.... that time of the month. lol. I drink herbal and green teas now and i eat a whole lot more fruits and vegetables. i am just doin great. ive lost almost 30 lbs or so ( well with the holiday foods, haha ive gained some back but working on that now. )

Another great thing is, my family use to fight with Dh but they get along so well now. theyre buying us stuff, talking, helping us out when needed and inviting us to have fun with them. its so awesome. I love my family. Im loving life. the only thing now is to start working on moving the hell out of this hell hole called memphis. but slowly but surely were going to work on tht!!

Life is good.

How is everyone else?how are you 

in love    bouncing

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That's good to hear. Glad things are going well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really happy for you its not easy top break bad habits. but thats great that you and your dh are doing it together. I hope you all can stick to evreything you have set in place for yourselves. Good luck with everything keep us updated on how well things are going

CountryMom9010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yeah Im not going to lie, quitting smoking and drinking was very hard. not so much the drinking but the smoking. I was fiending bad. but with my dh being my all around support, and with the will power from looking at my daughter too, made me wanna quit all the more. we feel so healthy and young again. :) 

Thank you for being nice to me as the people in mom confessions arent. I didnt really just go in there to "win friends" as some of the other people said but just to see if any of my old friends / chat buddies came around. so yet again Thank you! :)

Quoting ivylynn0711:

I'm really happy for you its not easy top break bad habits. but thats great that you and your dh are doing it together. I hope you all can stick to evreything you have set in place for yourselves. Good luck with everything keep us updated on how well things are going

ivylynn0711
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

yea some people just suck lol i know how you feelwhen it comes to that. i quit smoking 3 months ago so i do feel alot better i never really was a drinker so i dont know how that is. And you dont have to thank me for being nice i'm not a mean person unless i have a reason to be. If you ever wanna talk i'm here :) good luck with everything

Quoting CountryMom9010:

Yeah Im not going to lie, quitting smoking and drinking was very hard. not so much the drinking but the smoking. I was fiending bad. but with my dh being my all around support, and with the will power from looking at my daughter too, made me wanna quit all the more. we feel so healthy and young again. :) 

Thank you for being nice to me as the people in mom confessions arent. I didnt really just go in there to "win friends" as some of the other people said but just to see if any of my old friends / chat buddies came around. so yet again Thank you! :)

Quoting ivylynn0711:

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on all of it! Today marks my 7th month of not smoking. Definitely is will power!!

Sounds great to hear another mom moving forward with positives!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom9010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Right on!! Congrats to you as well!! I love the fact that people, esp. parents / moms quit bad habits like this. :) 

I watch Dr. Oz and he said women have 50% more chance of having a cardiac arrest from smoking. i dunno why women have higher chances of getting certain things but were just the cursed ones. :( oh well. 

I hope you stick to everything!! I know we are!! :D 

Quoting a06z08mama:

Congrats on all of it! Today marks my 7th month of not smoking. Definitely is will power!!

Sounds great to hear another mom moving forward with positives!

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I made a promise to my DD that I would quit. Her dad always make broken promises. So this one I am going to keep.

I was just diagnosed with endometriosis. So I am working on overhauling my diet to see if that will help with my pain and problems. I am going to use Body by Vi too. Not for so much the weight loss but to help supplement my diet. I am slowly working on the switch to organic.

So heres to a healthier us this year!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom9010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

You got that right!! people just sicken me sometimes!! 

Congrats to you as well!! Smoking is one nasty habit!! drinking is good and all but the cost of it and the bad affects of it is just bleh to me. i mean drinking every once in awhile, like special occasions, is alright just not all the time. 

I understand. I was raised as a nice person as well but like you said, only when there is a good reason to be mad, thats when it comes out of me as well!! Same to you as well!! if you would like me to friend request you or if you would like to friend request me, I would like that. I always appreciate new and nice friends. <3 :D 

Quoting ivylynn0711:

yea some people just suck lol i know how you feelwhen it comes to that. i quit smoking 3 months ago so i do feel alot better i never really was a drinker so i dont know how that is. And you dont have to thank me for being nice i'm not a mean person unless i have a reason to be. If you ever wanna talk i'm here :) good luck with everything

Quoting CountryMom9010:

Quoting ivylynn0711:

CountryMom9010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I hate liars. i mean i know its hard to keep some promises but to break all, is ridiculous. Im proud of you for being the one to step up and keep that promise!! How old is your dd if you dont mind me asking? mine will be turning 3 may 30th. :D

Endometriosis is a pain!! I have that as well. Im on the mirana but i hafta be on the pill too to regulate it. i know exactly how you feel. Ive never heard of the Body. what is that exactly? is it cheap or expensive? anything that can help with me too is something i wanna look into. Organics arent bad at all. I switched to organic green & herbal teas and organic fruits and vegetables. im going to start other organic foods as well. so goodluck to us *cheers*!!

2013 should be good!! :) <3 <3

Quoting a06z08mama:

I made a promise to my DD that I would quit. Her dad always make broken promises. So this one I am going to keep.

I was just diagnosed with endometriosis. So I am working on overhauling my diet to see if that will help with my pain and problems. I am going to use Body by Vi too. Not for so much the weight loss but to help supplement my diet. I am slowly working on the switch to organic.

So heres to a healthier us this year!!! :)

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Body by Vi is the weightloss shake that is exploding! You get a "dry" shake mix then you can add it to make any flavor of shake. I am doing the $49 program which is one shake a day. There is a $99 and up to $249. The higher ones are for the more serious weightloss. It comes with vitamins too.

The only problem I have with my endometriosis was pain. I also had a cyst on my right ovary too. So I think that was most of my pain. I'm only two weeks post op. So gotta wait.

DD is 6.5. Old enough to know and start remembering these little things. Who really cares and who was really there. My DS will be 5 in March. Same goes for him. He will start remembering that my boyfriend was the one on the floor wrestling and playing with him. Not his dad who just plays Xbox with him. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)