Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what do you do???

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

me and df both have anxiety. hes never been diagnosed by a dr but he definately has it. so on days like today, where we are both on the urge of an anxiety attack, and not even because of theother person, we still stay away fromeachother and dont speak. i hate it with a passion. but were both terrified that the other will say one thing that will set it off. what would you do? any tips on how we can both be sad and scared and frusterated without acting like we hate eachother, when we arent even mad at eachother? how do we keep that fear from keeping us away from each other?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM
..that may not be anxiety
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you guys considered counseling?
jesuschild06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

i definately have anxiety, and i am 95% sure that is what he has as well. its days like today..... extremely stressed about money, and we are both on edge and so frusterated about it, that the smallest thing can turn into an anxiety attack. i know 150% thats what it is for me. 

mitsukai127
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely try going to counseling.

AA2.0
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Another vote for counseling. If you can't afford it, there are programs and clinics to help. Living like that is not healthy. You both need help coping and dealing with your anxiety in healthy ways, possibly even medication.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

you guys need to talk about what needs need to be met when you're about to have an attack. you hate it with a passion, but you still stay away from him, right?

i'd try to stay in tune with my feelings and when i'm feeling an attack coming on, i do something that'll ease it off- depending on what it is... i have social anxiety so sometimes i have to literally leave where i'm at... other times, it comes out of nowhere and i need to get out of the house- go to the store, take a walk, something active.

but sometimes, i just need time away from everyone/everything. those times, i just keep myself as busy as possible, doing individual things. that way, i'm not around somebody that can 'trigger' it- but its not that i'm actively avoiding them either.

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

no. never really thought of it. we do it to avoid a lame fight,not because we actually hate eachother or because we dont like eachother. we both shield ourselves from people when were on the verge of having or are having an anxity attack. But i dunno.... maybe it would help. ill tlak to him about that. thanks

Quoting PeaceMuch:

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM

yeah..... we both go off and do our own thing. but were usually both still in the house. i think also, when one of us is ready to be around people again, were afraid the other isnt so we continue to stay away. 

Quoting Shy_Dia:

you guys need to talk about what needs need to be met when you're about to have an attack. you hate it with a passion, but you still stay away from him, right?

i'd try to stay in tune with my feelings and when i'm feeling an attack coming on, i do something that'll ease it off- depending on what it is... i have social anxiety so sometimes i have to literally leave where i'm at... other times, it comes out of nowhere and i need to get out of the house- go to the store, take a walk, something active.

but sometimes, i just need time away from everyone/everything. those times, i just keep myself as busy as possible, doing individual things. that way, i'm not around somebody that can 'trigger' it- but its not that i'm actively avoiding them either.

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM

i was on medication, and we did really well then actually. but i got pregnant and had to go off, and so its really bad now. i dont think his anxiety is nearly as bad as mine, which is why we did pretty good when i was on medicine. but now that im not..... its like every other day kinda thing (it took me 5 years (after about 5 years of not regconizing i had a problem) and like 5 drs before i found one who actually looked into my concerns and got me on medicine, so i still remember how bad i was, so i know a lot of this is me, and then him not dealing well with it so it brings more anxiety for him)

Quoting AA2.0:

Another vote for counseling. If you can't afford it, there are programs and clinics to help. Living like that is not healthy. You both need help coping and dealing with your anxiety in healthy ways, possibly even medication.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Def talk to him about it. It will give you guys the skills needed to get through it together. Its not failure to seek out professional help.

Quoting jesuschild06:

no. never really thought of it. we do it to avoid a lame fight,not because we actually hate eachother or because we dont like eachother. we both shield ourselves from people when were on the verge of having or are having an anxity attack. But i dunno.... maybe it would help. ill tlak to him about that. thanks

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN