Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
My son is still 5 months away from coming, but we all know how time flys. I'm looking for advice and opinions on vaccination. I've read a lot and I'm actually horrified to put my son through those shots. What do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (21-29):
NikkiDubya
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I also decided against vaccination regarding my youngest.  With my first, unfortunately I was a young single mom and taken advantage of by relatives who did not think that I could think for myself, I was intimidated into vaccinating my first born and I actually regret it very much.  Had I known there was an option, I would have NEVER vaccinated her.  Luckily, I am married now and my Husband shares similar views regarding vaccines and our children, so in a nutshell...vaccination is not for our family.

ashtayk
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

where I live some of the doctors won't see your child if they are not vaccinated. it's ridiculous and this past winter I declined the flu shot for my then 6 month old and they were very rude about my decision then my insurance company actually called to "make" me take him back for the shot... again I declined but they were trying to bully me into shots for MY child.

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

You should base your decision on whatever you're most comfortable with, but you should make sure you do research on all the vaccines to make sure you know the decision you're making before you make it instead of just listening to what other people say. GL :)

-Oh and remember kids can't go to school anymore without vaccinations.

AliKatAK47
by Alicia on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually like the idea of my kid being allowed in schools. So I vaccinate.

Caitlyn137
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I got my daughter some shots but not all at once and I put a small piece of paper over her eyes soo she didn't blame me for her pain from the shot .....do the research and find out whats best for urself . I myself didn't have the vitamin k shot for my baby because in Sweden its been out lawed .
jack90
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:54 AM

well look at it this way if you do it he will be OK and not get diseases if you decide not to he can catch so many things and it could be deadly so think it over but your baby will be fine my 2 kids both lived and they have all their shots!

Fields456
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Same here
Oh and your kids can go to school without them. Every state a at least 1 exemption

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Same here. I was so young and didn't know my options.

Quoting PEEK05:

We decided vaccination was not for us once we researched it.  I did with my first because I didn't know not vaccinating was even an option and what it all meant.  I was one of those sheep who just blindly followed everything recommended in terms of vaccinating without researching anything whatsoever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mbabyy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

For myself personally, I am not gettiny my baby vaccinated! When they get a bit older yes, but newborn def. No! There have been instances were my cousin comes out this perfect healthy baby and my aunt went to get him vaccines, and something in the vaccines that is too strong for newborns is turning perfectly normal healthy babies to autistic! I have heard a lot of woman have that problem AFTER they get the baby shots! So personally I'm not going to risk anything for my child and I am not getting vaccines!

mandybimama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I do delayed/selective vaccinations. There are only a few I consent to and they're done on the schedule I feel comfortable with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)