Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I cook....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

Brussels sprouts?? I bought a big bag today and have never had them.. Gordon Ramsay fries them! Should I do it that way? In olive oil?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Greco
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I like to steam mine with some garlic and spices. Yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kinleysmom11
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I boil mine in water, vinegar, and salt. (to taste) (I boil them first to soften them up). Then I fry some chopped bacon in a pan with minced garlic and minced red onion. After the bacon is cooked, I add the drained brussel Sprouts in the pan with the bacon, garlic, onion, and grease. I add a little creole sometimes if i feel like spicing them up. Hope you try this!

-42-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Bacon fat!

However you cook them, add a tiny bit of red wine vinegar.

I clean my sprouts, chop up a few pieces of bacon. Toss sprouts in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon peoper.

Throw bacon in a pan and render out some of the fat. Pull the bacon out, set aside. Throw sprouts in, cover and cook about 5-8 minutes. Add a dash of red wine vinegar. Turn up the heat and get some color on them. Throw the bacon back in during the last few minutes. Done.

We have a friend who eats them like crazy and said he'd rather have them than ice cream. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I usually chop them in half, toss. Them with some EVOO, garlic and pepper, then bake them. I loooooove roasted Brussel sprouts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
This. Yum!

Quoting Courtney610:

I usually chop them in half, toss. Them with some EVOO, garlic and pepper, then bake them. I loooooove roasted Brussel sprouts!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)