Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pee test neg, now waiting on blood test...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I missed my period for December. I took a home pg test and it was negative. Went to dr today because I have yet to start my period. The pee test came back negative but from what I told the dr in reguards to how I have been feeling she thinks I could still be pg. So she had blown drawn on me and she's going to call tomorrow with the results. Has anyone ever had a neg pee test but postive blood test? She didn't explain why the blood test might still come back positive even getting a neg result with the test in the office.

I've been feeling sick off and on and the last two days have been dizzy at times. I don't know if I'm coming down with something or what. If i'm not pg then she said they'll do more blood work to see why I missed my period. I haven't missed a period or been real late since 2006.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
No I haven't. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Good luck. I hope you are pregnant if you want to be, and I hope you get an answer if you aren't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom357
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Thanks ladies. If I am great, if not then it wasn't meant to be yet

CountryMom357
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Bump?

AA2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM

A friend of mine didn't get a positive pee test until she was around 3 months along. She had a blood test done at 8 weeks that came up positive.

mandybimama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Sometimes your body takes a while to metabolize the hcg into your urine in which case you're likely to get a bfn on a pee test but a bfp on a blood test. GL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I have a friend with 5 kids and she never had a positive pee test. Good luck!

jessicaeboyes
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Stress can mess with your period schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SommerRayne06
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Keep us updated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom357
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Thanks ladies. I still have not started my period. I've felt sick off and on for about a week or so now. The last two days have been better but I still feel like my energy level is down. It doesn't take much for me to get real tired again. I'm thinking of taking a pee test maybe this weekend and see if something shows. I talked to a friend of mine and she thought mayne gettting another blood test done in a couple of weeks just to be sure. Especially since I'm on meds that need to be changed if I am pregnant. I know I was stressed around xmas because we didn't have as much money for it as wed have liked too. But it all worked itself out just fine. So I don't know if it could be the stress or not.

I would think me being pregnant was a low chance because we had sex maybe once the month of December and I don't even remember if he finished inside, I thought he pulled out. So I never thought it could be a chance. But I don't know what else it'd be. I have slight cramping off and on like I'm going to start my period but it never comes. I keep getting dizzy spells, not often but they come. And the nasusea was bad for a little bit but I haven't thrown up or anything.

I will update again if I find something out. In the mean time id love to see everyones thoughts on this. Right now it feels like a waiting game
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)