Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you agree when people say that your home

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 45 Replies
Is an reflection of how you feel? Ex: if it is messy, you are feeling low. If its clean, you are happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kblossom20
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

YES.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
No. I clean when I'm stressed or mad, but I also clean because I like order and cleanliness. I'd say it's messy more often when I'm content/happy, because I'm not in a "must be in control" state of mind, and taking it out on my house, lol.
Mommy0505
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Not necessarily.

When the kids are gone, and I want to relax, I often don't pick up after myself immediately. I'll leave my cereal bowl in the living room til I feel like picking it up (usually that same day).

And there are other times when I'm stressed out and need to occupy myself (or just want to avoid everyone) and will clean ridiculously.

On the OTHER hand- when I first moved on my own it was really messy most of the time, and I was depressed most of the time...

All that said, lol, I think it can certainly fit, but isn't always a direct correlation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM
No. One of the most pessimistic, grumpy, unhappy people I know is obsessed with cleaning. She's clearly angry at the world, but her house is always spotless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM

no, because it is often messy because I am busy lol

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Yes. At least it's true for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
This. But mine would also be much neater if i didn't have 4 kids destroying it. Yes i would love to have a neater home but i love doing stuff with my kids more. Its not messy because Im.depressed but the mess has depressed me at times

Quoting mommaoftwo:

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

*nods*

I have four and pregnant with #5, plus we homeschool, we are still trying to find a decent daily rhythm, to get our work done and tidy up the house.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

This. But mine would also be much neater if i didn't have 4 kids destroying it. Yes i would love to have a neater home but i love doing stuff with my kids more. Its not messy because Im.depressed but the mess has depressed me at times

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Nooo lol

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
No..my house being messy says "she has two toddlers and is 35 weeks preggo" lol

I keep up pretty good but like the toy room...no way am I going to spend all that time...then they just mess it up again. They still need alot of help and direction with picking up...so we do it twice a week, then dh and them do it on sundays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)