Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you agree when people say that your home

Is an reflection of how you feel? Ex: if it is messy, you are feeling low. If its clean, you are happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Yes. My house is a little cluttered just like my brain. We've gotten better but have a long way to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Alicia on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

if my house is clean then I am upset. I clean when I am stressed out.

Mami2oneboy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjoy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Mine is... i get stressed when my house is a mess... and my house is a mess then i feel stressed lol. 

same thing for my classroom... i will even go in on breaks to clean so i can start back fresh.  I seem happier when its all clean...and it feels so good to wake up to a clean house. 

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM

i dont think a messy house means the person is unhappy. same with if its clean the personis happy. however it can reflect on you as a person. for instance.......my inlaws have a pretty filthy house, however......they are lazy, crazy and live in their own little world. They would love a clean house and are happy when its clean.....however..they never clean but dont seem to be bothered by it. They seem to enjoy the grossness actually.

for me....i prefer my house to be clean but at the end of the day it looks like a tornado blew through it. it does bother me to a point (my house isnt perfect, its clean but not perfect) however i dont like to see tons of stuff all over the floor. im pretty content either way..so long as i dont have a ton of stuff on the floor. if that makes any sense....when its clean it doesnt mean im happy and when its messy doesnt mean im upset. so .....idk....it varies really

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM

sorta

Serenitymom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

It is for me. I can only clean when I'm in a good mood because when I'm depressed I wont do anything because I dont care. And when I'm stressed I get on the internet and take myself somewhere else....

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I personally do! I am a neat freak and always have a clean, neat home, and if I do not for any reason, it is when I am sick and feel awful! I would never allow my family, or friends to be in my home if I was not confident that they would be happy and comfortable there! If i were unhappy there, odds are they would be! Messy / Dirty people make me assume they are depressed or lazy!

900 years of time and space, an I've never met anyone that wasn't important...... The Doctor

Autumn19
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
for me yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaScho88
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'd say yes...when my home is clean it makes me happy...but if I get depressed about something I let things go, then my mess makes me more upset lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)