Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you agree when people say that your home

Is an reflection of how you feel? Ex: if it is messy, you are feeling low. If its clean, you are happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
HaileysMom07180
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM

not for me.  i have severe ocd and i tend to get stuck in specific areas for long periods of time leaving the rest of the house a wreck.  Luckily a lot of my obsessivness about cleaning is directed toward the lving room, but sometimes it goes to strange places like the closet under the stairs or the hallway and stays for weeks.  My therapist is trying to figure out how to make an exposure out of this situation but since it happens so sparratically and is sometimes beneficial, its hard to do cuz she doesn't want me to stop caring about cleaning alltogether.

MammaKoi
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I could agree with that. I feel like crap my house looks it and when I'm okay my house is SPOTLESS Lol. 

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
This exactly lol. DH knows when I am in full clean mode that something is bothering me

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

No. I clean when I'm stressed or mad, but I also clean because I like order and cleanliness. I'd say it's messy more often when I'm content/happy, because I'm not in a "must be in control" state of mind, and taking it out on my house, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

sometimes. i know i sure havent been feeling the greatest and housework is slacking. then there are times im just too busy playing with the kids, or not in the house and housework slacks

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No. My house gets messy when we are having fun (baking, cooking, playing, arts and crafts).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I think there is some truth to it. At least for me.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Messy as in filthy/nasty, yes I would assume that person was depressed. Just normal messy, no. That's normal in a happy home imo. :)
MariLu91
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Oh wow I don't think so, in that case I would almost always be happy because my house is almost always clean.

MariLu91
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Messy as in filthy/nasty, yes I would assume that person was depressed. Just normal messy, no. That's normal in a happy home imo. :)

Agree, sometimes in the weekends when my dh is off we go out and I do not worry about cleaning so my house has toys here and toys there, in no way am I depressed or mad on those days lol.

FoxTales
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Not really. It is a reflection of how busy I have been. If it is a disaster, it means I haven't been home and haven't had the time to clean it... it's really as simple as that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN