Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

TATTOOED MOMS

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 86 Replies
me and my husband have numerous tattoos in almost every place and we get strange looks when we go out somewhere with OUR little girl. I also have bright red hair and my husband has long hair and we get looked at crazy for that too. I mean, its not like were buying tattoos and piercings instead of diapers and wipes. so do you moms think parents should get judged on the amount or placement of the tattoos or piercings on THEIR bodies or not?
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think anyone has the right to judge another but sadly they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Setsuki

honestly I am a fan but unfirtunately people will judge no matter what. currently I have my daughter's name tatttooed on me and an planning to get more.

MAJL2009

I don't nearly have as many tattos as you; I only have 2, but no you shouldn't get the looks...just because you have tattoos doesn't mean you're not providing your family. I just say that don't let things bother you if you know you are doing what you need to do as a parent and still get the "fun" things in life :)

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I have tattoos and so does my husband, and we are by no means COVERED by them, but sometimes I get looked at funny when I'm out with my daughter. It usually happens in the summer, most of my tattoos can be covered by a shirt (I have 9, mostly on my sides and back). When I take my daughter to the pool for example they look at me like a horrible mother for having so many. People will always judge.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Copeland_Dallys
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
[I know. its sad to know that no matter what, were going to be judged. but I find it quite ridiculous that how you take care of your child is dependent on what kind of ink you put on your body. i mean you dont see people look at parents funny when their faces are pale and gaunt and they look cracked out or their hair is a mess or something. its always based on your tatts, piercings, and hair color. like wtf.
quote name="Bl3ss3dMommi" id="0"]I don't think anyone has the right to judge another but sadly they do. [/quote]
mkmommy0406
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I have multiple tattoos also and not only am I judged as a mother but I'm a nurse and all but one of mine is hidden when in scrubs. (It's on my left wrist). People's Attitudes towards me change right in front of my eyes when they find out I have more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
You must live in a small town. No one bats an eye at tattooed parents here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Copeland_Dallys
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
like, I could have on a turtle neck sweater that covers everything and people still judge me cause I have gauges and bright red hair. and I like to wear hair accessories like flowers or headbands or bandanas. or because I actually wear eyeliner where people can see it. I mean, its what I like and if I like it then im gonna do it no matter what.

Quoting EmmaZate:

I have tattoos and so does my husband, and we are by no means COVERED by them, but sometimes I get looked at funny when I'm out with my daughter. It usually happens in the summer, most of my tattoos can be covered by a shirt (I have 9, mostly on my sides and back). When I take my daughter to the pool for example they look at me like a horrible mother for having so many. People will always judge.

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I only have one tattoo on my foot so you really can't see it. I do however, have piercings and I look much younger than I am. I always get the dirty looks like I'm irresponsible. Even had a woman tell me one time she thought my sister was dds mom because she was old enough to have a kid and was married. My dad is highly tatted and I get death stares when I'm with him. I assume people think he is my much older bf because dd looks like him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Copeland_Dallys
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
im not judged at work, mostly because im a photographer for music and fashion but I literally went into target the other day with my little girl and this girl who might've been a little older than me looked me up and down, stared at my tattoos and then wrinkled her nose at me. I was just in shock like wtf.
Quoting mkmommy0406:

I have multiple tattoos also and not only am I judged as a mother but I'm a nurse and all but one of mine is hidden when in scrubs. (It's on my left wrist). People's Attitudes towards me change right in front of my eyes when they find out I have more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN