Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
me and my husband have numerous tattoos in almost every place and we get strange looks when we go out somewhere with OUR little girl. I also have bright red hair and my husband has long hair and we get looked at crazy for that too. I mean, its not like were buying tattoos and piercings instead of diapers and wipes. so do you moms think parents should get judged on the amount or placement of the tattoos or piercings on THEIR bodies or not?
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Replies (81-86):
bubeydoll
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It really doesn't make you any less of a mother because you have tattoos. As a matter of fact it'll most likely help your kid be alot less judgemental because they'll be like.. "Well my mommy and daddy have tattoos.. and there's nothing wrong with them" Ya know? I could honestly care less what other people have to say about parents being tattooed. It's b.s. that they judge but I mean honestly, with how the world is today some of the most HORRIBLE mothers out there aren't tattooed and they don't have piercings. Its just basically because tattoos and stuff like that are usually associated with like gangs and like "evil goth people" (I mean, seriously? Who comes up with this stuff?) and everyone who has them and has kids are instantly labelled evil and immature and trashy and all that nice neat hoo-blah. I get enough stares because where I live it's apparently a crime to have an interracial relationship, and I just so happened to be dark skinned and my son is WAAAAAAY lighter than me. And when I'm with someone else. They don't even look at me when they compliment my kid. And I'm all like "Yes thank you MY son is VERY beautiful." Then they look at me and see the tattoos and stuff. SMDH Society these days.

Aweaver90
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM

NOOOOOOO I'm tatooed and I'm a great mom.. The difference between people with tattoos and people without them we don't judge them for not having tattoos :)

mrs_Flores1013
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

no they shouldnt.. we get judged too i have about 23 tattoos and my husband has a little more than i and we get judged all the time my sns teacher even judges us.. i hate it we are good parents and we both also work as care givers..

luvmybug
by Amanda on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Of course no one should be judged solely on looks, but are you seriously surprised?
MommaCalvi
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Tattooed moms/dads should not be judged. No one should be, just sadly it does happen. Don't worry about anyone else. If you are taking care of your daughter it doesn't matter how many tattoos and piercings you have. That's just my opinion from one tattooed mom to another:)

KnightsMomma
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)