Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you marry your baby's father, just because you are pregnant?

Poll

Question: if it was truly better for the baby, would you marry your baby's father???

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about 2 weeks ago... he said i had to much baggage... but before that we had talked about kids and he said he would marry me if i ever got pregnant (keep in mind we were together at the time)

He still has feelings for me...

I'm finding out tomorrow at the obgyn if i am in fact pregnant... he's driving me... he doesnt know thats why i'm going... but i've decided to tell him tomorrow if i find out for sure that i am... and if he wants to get back together... i'll probably do it...

but the thing is i dont want to raise a child in a broken home... and he had said before he would want to marry me... i'm not sure what to do on that if that comes up... if its truly better for the baby...

If its truly better for the baby would you do it???

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
avaana06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

If you loved eachother when you concieved and you can be adult enough to actually work through your problems in a respectful way your marriage will probably thrive. It takes work and love

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
No. no. and HELL no. Especially if you already have "too much baggage". Wtf does that even mean? From the sounds of it you'll just end up divorced anyway. Don't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasbelly3
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM
We have been together for a very long time & have talked about marriage. We had our first baby in June & are still in the works of planning our marriage. We made it a point NOT to get married during my pregnancy. We had so much talk from both families. We wanted to get married on our terms. Baby or not we were/are getting married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Corysmylife2012
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My babys dad and I have been though a lot. I think that if there is love and everything that you should get married if you plan to stay together. If your going to make someone a mother you need to consider making her your wife. Thats how I look at things. My boyfriend and I are having our 2nd child together this summer and though we arnt married yet because we have had some problems, if someone can stay though the bitchiness of pregnicy with someone they are worth everything. This is just what I believe every one believes diffrently and I don't think any one is ever wrong when it comes to what they think is right for themselves.

Margaretc522
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
We were engaged for 8 months before we found out I was pregnant so we moved the wedding up. We knew long before baby that we were going to be together for life. Given that you had just broken up, I would maybe give it another try but definitely not rush into marriage
maddiesmommy5
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

if you are not ment to be together, or argue all the time then it is not better for the child to grow up around all that.

AshleyPie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
The only reason you should ever get married is because you love them and are committed to spending your lives together! Not because you don't want to be alone, not because you're having a baby, not because it would be easier or more convenient. Not for ANY other reason other than love! Period.
cLanief
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Never marry cuz of a baby. Ever. You'd just be putting off the inevitable for when your kid can really feel it.
tiarra7022
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM

If he is serious about it it can wait till you have the baby. that way you can see how you guys handle the pressure of pregnacy first

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Wow o_o

Just bc you get married doesn't mean things are going to be bright stars & rainbows.. Being married still can be a broken home. Marriage takes time and a lot of love.

I'm glad me and my DH waited to see if that's what we wanted. We've been married for only 2 weeks now ^_^, been together for 5 years & we have a 17 month old.

Getting married or not doesn't mean your home will be "broken, it's what you 2 make it. If getting married is best go for it but don't think marriage makes things better, it's about love for one another & being as 1 :)

AND NEVER EVERRR GET MARRIED BC OF A CHILD O_0
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)