Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you marry your baby's father, just because you are pregnant?

Poll

Question: if it was truly better for the baby, would you marry your baby's father???

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about 2 weeks ago... he said i had to much baggage... but before that we had talked about kids and he said he would marry me if i ever got pregnant (keep in mind we were together at the time)

He still has feelings for me...

I'm finding out tomorrow at the obgyn if i am in fact pregnant... he's driving me... he doesnt know thats why i'm going... but i've decided to tell him tomorrow if i find out for sure that i am... and if he wants to get back together... i'll probably do it...

but the thing is i dont want to raise a child in a broken home... and he had said before he would want to marry me... i'm not sure what to do on that if that comes up... if its truly better for the baby...

If its truly better for the baby would you do it???

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
maia188
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I agree!

Quoting luvmybug:

marry for true love. that is all i have to say. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1st_time_mom789
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Honestly, if it's just because I'm pregnant than NO I wouldn't marry him. When I found out I was pregnant, I got asked so many times if I was gonna get married because I was pregnant and I always said no, the wedding will come later because I was already engaged a year before I got pregnant with DD. I didn't need to get married, because DF and I were already living together and I had health insurance through my father. I love DF so much and we are still engaged. Getting married in October 2014 and I'm so excited.

Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM
It's not better for the baby if y'all marry and not get along..I didn't get married when I was pregnant which was the best decision I ever made.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dobrd
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

thehightwaywoman, Your baby has nothing to do w/a broken family. It's you/BF who need to decide where this is going.. Actually Honey, you think you should had thought this through 'before feeling' if your pregnant? No baby should be thought of when there are way to many 'IF's" Take Care, Donna....

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I do not agree with parents have to be married. I was married before having kid's. If I got pregnant by someone I was not sure I wanted to marry, I would not have married them.

Krystle21
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
No, he's an asshole that's why we're not together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raveyk
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM

No, I would never get married just because of the baby. You have to love and be ready to make a lifelong commitment to the person you marry. I never think people should marry simply due to circumstance. You can both still be full time parents to the child and not be married.

I was ready to pop pregers when me and DH got married but we were engaged before I got pregnant so it was already something we were planning on.

Chelsea_rh
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Not with the things he said when he left you. Having a baby together isn't a good enough reason to be together. If you hits aren't going to be happy together the baby will know. They sense that stuff...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by Nadia on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

no

jazzylady88
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM

i got married when i was 7 months pregnant but we had talked about marriage for a year prior...in your situation im not sure i would...but thats my opinion, only you know the dynamics and strength of your relationship..follow your gut!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)