Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Please help!! Miscarriage?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 44 Replies
I'm about 8 weeks and I've had a pink discharge ever since I found out I was pregnant. No big deal. Then day before yesterday, the tissue was red and there was blood in the toilet. Then a little bit ago I passed a clot about the size of a dime. Small, I know, but how big can a baby be at 8 weeks? Please, if you have ever had a miscarriage, does this sound like what you went through? Or am I freaking out for nothing?my aunt is concerned and she is an RN.

Also, no fever and no cramping
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Unfortunately, it sounds like it. There is a chance it's not so I am not trying to diagnose you, but I highly suggest you call your doctor. Good luck!

unspecified42
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
It's impossible to know without testing, unfortunately. I see a lot of miscarriages in the ER and they present very differently from case to case.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are bleeding and passing clots, go to the dr. Everything could be fine but you still need to get checked out asap.

Ashleeduhh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Sounds like it but it may not be. Go to a doc and find out asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMalterer
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM

It sounds like it maybe a threatened miscarriage. I would go see your obgyn to be sure. There isn't much to do at 8 weeks, but if it hasn't happened yet they can give you supportive care and to rule out a tubial pregnancy which would rupture a fallopian tube and be an emergency. I am an RN and I see threatened miscarriages frequently where I work.

buttercup627
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Are you having any cramping? It could be implantation bleeding, you should get checked because it might be an ectopic pregnancy.
Rae706
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I've felt like something was wrong, like my pregnancy is fragile, ever since I found out.

I did call the doctor, along with three friends that are nurses, and basically heard everything that everyone just typed. The doctor said to be on bed rest. If its any worse or I have a fever or cramping, to go to the ER. Otherwise, I'm going in first thing Monday. I'm really scared! We were so excited about this baby!
Rae706
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Pray for me! I'm at the doctor.
Kerrigan357
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Let us know what the doctor says.

erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I had a bleed at 6 wks from a subchorionic hematoma. Hope everything is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)