Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

A little advice?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

I lived in Germany from February 2010 until August 2011.  While I was there I met two people I thought were utterly wonderful and helped me through the first separation from my ex husband.  We stopped talking due to a misunderstanding that went wrong.  I've tried apologizing and got no where, but that was a year ago.  My ex husband has since gotten them to believe I fucked up royally, that I left the house a wreck, that I had sex in the house, all these horrible things.  Yes I left the house a mess, but nothing that he couldn't do on his own.  I had planned on cleaning the house before I moved out but he didn't allot me the time and I had a one year old to take care of, along with packing for a long plane trip.  Basically I was wondering you girls thought I should do because I really miss these people.  I don't know if it's because I've been lonely a lot lately or I genuinley miss them but I just need advice on if I should message them or not...frown mini

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
skittlebeans88
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Do it. Theyre in another country. The most they can do is not write you back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy.helmling
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Do it. Theyre in another country. The most they can do is not write you back.

True.  I messaged the wife about a year ago telling her congrats on the pregnancy and sorry and what not.  I got nothing in return.  I messaged the husband once trying to find out where my stuff was and make sure it was fine and he flipped shit on me.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally would consider my stuff and those friendships trashed due to the ex's manipulations.  Wherever you are living now, make a fresh start and meet new people.

katy.helmling
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I personally would consider my stuff and those friendships trashed due to the ex's manipulations.  Wherever you are living now, make a fresh start and meet new people.

That's what I was thinking.  There is a problem though, I've lived in Virginia for a year and have moved around Va like 4 times.  I don't know how to meet people.  I don't have a car, I don't have a job, and I'm working on my GED at the moment.  I just wish I were better at meeting others.

AshleyPie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I don't see why you couldn't reach out. Of course it could go poorly, but it could also turn out very well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN