Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

nipple piercing?/ I got them pierced finally

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
For my bday Jan20th I'm Thinking about getting my nipples pierced but I'm nervous it'll hurt lol I do have other piercings. Does anyone have their nipples pierced?
Loving my kids and my husband like there's no tomorrow!
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince04
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
It hurts!!! And even after, your bra will irritate it more. I had mine done and then I ended up taking them out. And I really didn't like how it looked after a while
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms.keisha17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
You can't breastfeed while u have a nipple piercing rite?
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting ms.keisha17:

You can't breastfeed while u have a nipple piercing rite?

My sister did for like a day and she litterally was a sprinkler. She gave it up but still leaked prefusely for months!

shaleemar
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I have mine done for almost a year. I have very sensitive breast and the piercing didnt hurt me at all. I was very much expecting them to hurt. I was tense and ready for it but it didnt hurt not one bit nor after. Just make sure you have a piercing man r woman that has done it bf and not to be gross but you will very much enjoy them. Best of luck and I love them :)
momsince04
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM
It's possible I guess, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Mrs_Blick
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I had mine done. Took them out after giving birth. They just kept getting on the way. No worth it Imo.
shaleemar
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Also. I got nipple bars not hoops. I liked the way they looked with the bars.
tifbrown
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I had my right one done years ago. The initial piercing hurts, but the healing process is fairly painless. And, contrary to popular belief, you can still breast feed afterwards. I successful breastfed two kids for a year each. And, as long as it is done and heals properly you can't tell it was ever done one you decide to take them out. 

slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Mine hurt for about ten seconds, and then the adrenaline kicked in. Didn't hurt again until the next day, they were sore when I woke up and throughout healing.

If the parlor you're going to has more than one piercer, ask if you can get them done tandem! It made me a lot less nervous to get them both done at the same time, and I think it hurt less. Also, a tip from my piercer - if you're around a C cup or larger, get them pierced with straight barbells at first, not hoops. With larger breasts comes bigger bras, which are more likely to shift and gap as you move and bend over, etc. I learned from experience why - I would bend over at work and the hoops would flip up, and oh man it hurt! I'd have to go to the bathroom to adjust them real quick. Once they're healed it doesn't hurt or feel weird when the jewelry moves, so you could put in hoops or whatever you like once they're healed. :)

Also, you can indeed breastfeed with nipple piercings, just not with the jewelry in. You can either remove and replace them before and after each feeding, or take them out. It's very likely the holes will close, but you could always get them repierced (this is what I'm doing. I'll get them redone when DD is weaned, just easier for me personally).
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I had them when I was younger. It hurt!!!!!!! I had to not wear a top for a while, it hurt to have anything rub against it. and not to mention they were supper swollen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)