Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

finally no curfew!

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this
Yes it may seem odd that age 25 I am saying I finally don't have a curfew.

This is why I say it. For 5.5 years I was married to a guy thar would only me to go out with my girlfriends for at most 2 hours. 7-9, 8-10, 9-11(that time frame was pushing it). Why? Because he never wanted to stay hone with the kids. Even when I got a second shift job working 3:30-12 he would have his mom or sister watch them so he could go do whatever.

Yes yes yes. Some of you say you should respect him. But honestly how could I respect a "man" that wouldn't respect me. He wasn't working late hours. Late nights every night consisted of drinking til whenever he decided to come home.

I only went once a year. My birthday. Me and my bestie. The other time I went out it was with his sister and sil. And their friends.......

So point being. Last night was my first girls night out in forever. I was staying at my boyfriend's last night and I told him I would be home about 9. Then when I texted him later. I said I will be about another hour or so. His response? "Take your time have fun baby". He does his guy stuff. So I think he was happy to see that I was taking time to enjoy me time with the girls.

Here's how I know that what happened in my marriage was bad. I was getting ready last night and DD looked at me and said "I hope Mike don't get mad that you are having supper with Katrina" I tried to explain it the best I could to my 6.5 year old. I don't control him. He doesn't control me. I don't need his permission to go out and do things. ***I do with the ex. Even to the grocery store***

*****YES I WAS CHEATING ON MY EX WITH MY NOW BOYFRIEND! OK? GET IT? GOOD.... THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT IS THAT HE WAS CONTROLLING WAY WAY BEFORE I EVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT CHEATING. GOD. YOU BITCHES DONT FUCKING READ EVERY THING DO YOU?????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (1-10):
Kayla060812
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
This made me smile. Good for you for getting out.. i mean that in 2 ways. Going out and getting away from a major douche
firespurity
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yay. :)

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It took a while for me to finally leave. But it was then or never. I hit rock bottom. But I am coming back up. Finding myself. Knowing who I am. The mom I want to be. All 3 of us are better away from their ass of a dad. Even tho they still see him almost every day. But I don't have to! Lol

Quoting Kayla060812:

This made me smile. Good for you for getting out.. i mean that in 2 ways. Going out and getting away from a major douche

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Yay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mangie22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Good for you for getting out of that relationship!
sissy852
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM
good for you. For leaving and going out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Sounds like this guy will show your dd what a man really should be like. :) YAY!

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
How long have you all been dating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM

The best part of this story is at the end when you call your husband your EX!  So happy you got out of that, I have been there in a relationship with a controlling man who has insecurities and a cheater that feels you will do the same.  Dh and I have curfews, but we agreed on it and it keeps down confusion 3am we should be home.  I am so very happy for you, now your children get to see mommy happy.

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Technically two years today. But ex and I finally split in February last year.

Quoting Paperfishies:

How long have you all been dating?

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)