Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Best advice you've gotten?

Posted by   + Show Post

During pregnancy and throughout child rearing, I know we've all gotten plenty of advice!  What's some that's actually been helpful for you?  About anything...pregnancy, labor/delivery, newborns, discipline, anything!

I'll start: A friend told me to take photos of the 3-piece outfits we got at our baby shower.  Once they get mixed together in the laundry it's hard to remember what went with what!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (11-19):
Aweaver90
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM

My Father In Law Said RELAX  you  know the same thing about raising children your parent my parents and their parent knew absolutely nothing you learn as you go and we turned out fine. I am a notorious over analyzer and the simpleness of that just calmed me down

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Best advice I ever got was to put the baby in each and every outfit and take a picture. give the picture to the person who gave you the outfit. Then, if the outit i ugly, you can give it away. 

jazzylady88
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

cherish every moment..they grow up soo fast..i know you hear it alot but you dont realize how true it is til you look back at the pictures and wanna cry...

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Take videos of your baby's different cries/laughs. I didn't get this advice until recently, so we don't have a newborn cry, but have started getting laughs on video, and I need to take one of her cry but I keep forgetting.

That's probably not the best, but it's the only one I can think of atm

Lilypie - Personal picture
Rach0307
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Best advice during pregnancy- don't let it keep you from being as active as you were before (I ended up with no swelling, no excess weight gain and an all-around healthy pregnancy and ease with pushing during delivery). Best advice with newborn- don't listen to too much advice and do what comes natural!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Enjoy the time with them being so little now because when they get older, they won't do the same things they do now. Cherish the little moments. <3 

Trust your instincts. He's your son and no one else knows him as well as you and his daddy. If something's up, then listen to that little voice. 

mandybimama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Best advice I ever received was to just relax and focus on the little moments that make you smile. I tend to over analyze everything so it is definitely a solid piece of advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
callejon87
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM

These are great! :)

Gastromama2007
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Don't get pregnant in the first place.

Jesus hates abortion. So I was like hell naw can't do that. It's cool tho cuz my kids are alright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN