Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

bed time...potting training

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 13 Replies
Trying to figure out a good bed time for my two year and I'm potting training her. Help??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bella14308
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My almost 2 year old goes to bed at 8. I too am potty training
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sashamom27159
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

we are kinda of a weird family when my dd was 2 her bed time was 10pm and then my husband would wake her up at 2am bring her to the potty and put her back in bed and then at 7 am i would bring her and then back in bed and she would sleep until 9-10 we had her walk every time well mostly everytime if she was crying we would pick her up.It took about 2 weeks  before she would wake up and go herself and now at 3 most nights she just sleeps until 7 goes and then goes back to sleep 

midjet117
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't potty train any of my daughters till the age of 3. My 2 oldest still wore diapers to bed for a bit. My youngest basically went cold turkey. She had started to wake up with dry diapers. I really didn't have to do much with her, she was ready
AA2.0
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't wake DD at night to potty train. She started waking up dry at around 2 1/2, so there was no need to. Rotten turkey didn't potty train until 4 1/2, though, despite all my efforts.

Raveyk
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I got lucky, DD was waking up with dry diapers in the morning and shortly after, just over winter break she went from diapers to fully potty trained! we stopped putting her in diapers when going to bed and she hasn't had an accident yet. She's almost 4 though. It took a long while for her to be ready but she got there. It would just depend on hat works for your child. Families have lots of different schedules and times that work for them.

At age 2 we tried to stick to a 9pm bed time but it usually ended up more like 9:30-10pm

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Potty training and bed time don't have much to do with each other. Just make sure that she goes potty before bed and take her to go potty before you go to bed.

jazzylady88
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

my son is 3 and we had a tough time with training...but we put him to bed at 8 or 830 and my hubby still has to wake him up at 5 when he leaves for work to go...otherwise he has an accident..in the beginning we used diapers overnight...good luck i know how tough a transition it can be!

alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd is day potty trained at home at two so far. Last night was her first night with a dry pull up. the whole night and even in the morning. She had to poop got up and went. I'm no help because she is almost doing too good i don't have to do anything but get all excited when she pees in the toilet and she did it all on her own I haven't pushed her at all its been all her. She now even refuses a diaper. I'm still having a hard time believing she is doing so well. All ive had to to was get her a toilet seat and have her cousin over who is also potty training right now. Both girls and a moth of them together now she is just against peeing and pooping her pants.
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I put my 3 year old to bed at 9pm. When she was two it was 8 or 830 but she kept waking up at like 4 or 5 inthe morning without fail so we moved it back a bit and she sleeps til 7 now. As for potty training, she resisted everything until a few months ago, then she just did it all the time. Its frustrating. My friend's daughter is almost 4 and still not trained. They do it when they are ready.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd keep her normal bed time the same. Don't change it. Cut her liquids off an hour before bed and make sure she goes potty before bed. Unfortunately, nighttime training is not as simple as daytime training. It has a lot to do with how deep they sleep. It takes some kids years to be fully nighttime trained, while some kidsI just get it right away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)