Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

my husband cheated..please help

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would like to start off by saying that I love my husband very much, we had a great marriage, everything was perfect or i thought it was. My husband is in the army and I have no friends here, i have no one to talk too. I have a amazing 8 month old son, a couple months ago my husband mad this new friend, he introduced me to her and everything, they met during training. they got really close, and I started to have my suspicions. Well now she is gone, and about a week ago I found messages that broke my heart he could no longer lye to me, so he confessed and is no longer talking to her but in the messages they told each other that they loved one another, he says he went along with her only to keep her from telling me, he was so afraid of losing me and that he only wants me, she continues to call and message him but he does not reply, i know he is not seeing her b/c she is deployed. i want to stay with my husband and there is way more to the storey , but i just can't bare to right it, can any one give me advice, I blame myself, and I'm not sure how to move on

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollymae09
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a dirt bag to me. id leave. that's my only advice... leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pmsforlife
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Good luck and I hope it gets better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AshCH
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
4 moms liked this
You can NOT blame yourself!!! It is not your fault that they made a selfish, stupid decision!!! It's totally up to you what plays out next!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I'm not familiar with army protocol but I would find out if they will cover marriage counseling. If I were you that would be my first step before I decided to divorce him or stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmetz4
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This. If you do want to move on and stay with him, it is going to take a lot of work on his part. And a LOT of talking. Good luck!

Quoting AshCH:

You can NOT blame yourself!!! It is not your fault that they made a selfish, stupid decision!!! It's totally up to you what plays out next!

FoxTales
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that... I don't really have much advice... However, my parents made it through emotional infidelity. I don't know if there was physical stuff... I didn't ask. I didn't want to know. It took a lot of work on both sides, and a lot of counseling. It can be done, but it is hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy.helmling
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM

My EX husband did this to me many times.  As often as he could and with people he was no where near at the time (I believe that cheating is not only physical but emotional).  I personally would say leave him.  It's not worth your time.  If he truly loved you he wouldn't have cheated to begin with.  Think about yourself and your child and do not EVER think it's something you did.  I was married to this guy for 4 years and I was led to believe it was everything I did.  Not true.  I was as faithful as any wife should be.

Emma1127
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Do NOT blame yourself.  You did NOTHING wrong.  It's going to happen again.  You need to get out of there.

belleher90
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
well i had the same situation.....my hubb never cheated but he did talk to girls and told them things that also broke my heart...i gave him an ultimatum....he either stoped completely and let me see all his messages and tried to gain my trust back or i would leave him....and i was affraid of what he might do but he came through....in the end he wanted to be married to me so he made the changes necessary to keep me and thats how i knew he did love me but he just made a mistake....and i forave him once but i wont forgive a second time...and he knows that....thats wat i think u should do....in the end he will show u if hes truly sorry..and u will know it....but deep down u know wat u should do, the next step is deciding if ur gonna do wat u should do or if ur gonna do wat u wanna do....
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Why so many cheaters? Smh. It's like no one can keep it in their pants anymore.

*hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)