Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Mom's who have had their sons circumcised...question?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just had my son circumcised 4 days ago using the GOMCO Clamp method...his pediatrician told that his penis would still look uncircumcised until he got a little older.  He said after a few days to go ahead and pull the skin back once a day.  We already went to his first pediatrition appointment and the doctor couldn't pull it back so he told me to "work with it"  but when I pull it back it bleeds and I feel horrible.  So I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.  Can anyone help me?

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnmo3bb
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I'm sorry :( I would def call and ask if that is normal. How long did he say to wait before you pull it back? My first two I had to pull back when they were a little older but they outgrew it. It was done bleeding by then though... Haven't had to pull back boy #3 yet because he doesn't have a fat pouch yet at 3 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
is this like the plastiball? my son was circumsized by the mohayel. i have never heard of this procedure before.
crazy4u49033
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
You have to wait until its fully healed. Then pull it back daily. I think I waited 2 weeks to start pulling ds back. Until then coat it in Vaseline to protect it and help it heal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Ah, now I feel horrible for trying to pull it back already!!  Do you think that I could have hurt it or messed anything up by pulling it back that one time?  And I put A&D on it with every diaper change.

Quoting crazy4u49033:

You have to wait until its fully healed. Then pull it back daily. I think I waited 2 weeks to start pulling ds back. Until then coat it in Vaseline to protect it and help it heal.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

crazy4u49033
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm sure it's ok. If the bleeding continues or anything unusual starts happening call your doc. Is the A&D just petroleum jelly? Some is medicated and could burn a bit. Double check that. Don't feel bad- with my first son the doc didn't tell me anything about the care aspect.

Quoting MMerrill:

Ah, now I feel horrible for trying to pull it back already!!  Do you think that I could have hurt it or messed anything up by pulling it back that one time?  And I put A&D on it with every diaper change.

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amccamp
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Get vaseline and when you pull it back, squeeze some onto it.  It keeps it lubricated so that it won't attach again. My son is 2, and we have had problems with this over the last 2 years. Trust me, you will want to get it taken care of now, before he's older.  The doctor had to pull the skin down on him when he was about 15 months old and it bled. He was not happy at all. We just kept it lubricated and kept pushing/pulling it down with diaper changes. I know it sucks! :( GL

rmgriffberg
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

ds was circed...but dr messed it up. said they same thing as yours did about how it will look uncirced until he is older...well he is older and it still looks the same. we will not be circing any more of our boys (if we have more) it is 100% unnecessary

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
How awful :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaslilbear10
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

My first son had that happened to him,and my second had his done at my ob doctors office,he was gonna do it at the hospital and we didn't have the whole $300 at the time,so we had to come up with it like a week after he was born,had it done and i guess he didnt do it good enough so my lil boy #2 had to have a re-circ at neumors childrens hospital...

Quoting amccamp:

Get vaseline and when you pull it back, squeeze some onto it.  It keeps it lubricated so that it won't attach again. My son is 2, and we have had problems with this over the last 2 years. Trust me, you will want to get it taken care of now, before he's older.  The doctor had to pull the skin down on him when he was about 15 months old and it bled. He was not happy at all. We just kept it lubricated and kept pushing/pulling it down with diaper changes. I know it sucks! :( GL

ash872006
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My son was born 3 months ago and he had the plastibell procedure done when he was circumsized a day after he was born.  The plastibell didn't come off until he was 10 days old.  My husband didn't pull his foreskin back until we gave him a bath the next day.  He still looks circumsized also.  I like the plastibell method and his doctor did a good job.  Maybe his doctor didn't do the circumsion right, but I don't know for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)