Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Toodler Not Eating Enought Help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

So my dh is 2 and doesnt really eat anymore idk what to do with her. When she doesnt eat I give her a pediasure sidekick. I try to feed her but no luck. I try and give her the food with sauces she likes but no luck either. Any advice would be grateful..

please and thank you,

Jenn

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsledford09
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Oatmeal is filling. Is she waiting for you to give her the pediacare? Does she like it? If so, use it as a barganing chip. "You dont get your sidekick until you eat # of bites."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Is it an everyday thing? My daughter wouldn't eat for 2 days only wanted her milk, or sometimes juice. But then she started eating again. I think there are just some days shes not hungry. I'm the same way haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I need an example of her daily diet  in order to help you.  I am presuming you know toddler serving sizes.

Lopez08d
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I have always had this problem with my son. Are you giving her the pediasure first thing in the morning? If so that fills them up for most of the day. Its best to give it to them after they have ate some. :)
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I would talk to her pediatrician... try having her help make the food,, works with mine

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
My dd is very picky. She's 3. She lives on frozen pancakes, mozz sticks, and anything liquid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My advice, probably wont be popular...but here it goes: Stop the pedia sure...You are just filling her up on glorified chocolate milk.

Offer her food five times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks.  Maybe a bedtime snack as well and make sure it is healthy and SMALL portions.  Like a tablespoon of each thing.  Between meals she gets water and thats it, no juice, no milk.  Save those for meals.  Make sure that you sit down to eat together and that she has utensils she can use on her own with relative ease and then just ignore her eating.  If she takes one bite thats fine.  If she eats it all thats fine too.  If she eats nothing thats still fine...she will eat when she is hungry.

you could also try other things to spark her apetite.  Lots of physical or mental exercise, time with playmates, letting her help pick our or cook the food. 

If she is truly refusing all food after a few days without the supplemental stuff like pediasure then make an appointment with her pedi to rule out any allergies or sensitivites that may make it hard for her to eat.

sunshinekay
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Try making food fun. Colored frozen yoga dots or let her " help" cook. Find a food she like to help involoved. It makes her feel big and fun with her food
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennyQ559
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I've tried giving her the oatmeal but shes not a big fan of it. ya she likes the pediasure. she is stubborn I tried barganing with her she wouldn't have it.

Quoting mrsledford09:

Oatmeal is filling. Is she waiting for you to give her the pediacare? Does she like it? If so, use it as a barganing chip. "You dont get your sidekick until you eat # of bites."

JennyQ559
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Thanks. I'm willing to try anything that gets her to eat. I'm ganna stop the pediasure and give your advice a try. she does like cooking with me.

Quoting shadow_lark:

My advice, probably wont be popular...but here it goes: Stop the pedia sure...You are just filling her up on glorified chocolate milk.

Offer her food five times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks.  Maybe a bedtime snack as well and make sure it is healthy and SMALL portions.  Like a tablespoon of each thing.  Between meals she gets water and thats it, no juice, no milk.  Save those for meals.  Make sure that you sit down to eat together and that she has utensils she can use on her own with relative ease and then just ignore her eating.  If she takes one bite thats fine.  If she eats it all thats fine too.  If she eats nothing thats still fine...she will eat when she is hungry.

you could also try other things to spark her apetite.  Lots of physical or mental exercise, time with playmates, letting her help pick our or cook the food. 

If she is truly refusing all food after a few days without the supplemental stuff like pediasure then make an appointment with her pedi to rule out any allergies or sensitivites that may make it hard for her to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN