Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

HOW?!?!?! DOES ANYONE DO THIS?!?!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok mommys and mommy-to-bes,,

I am what I guess you would call a tester... I have to test,, or want to test like everyday... Me and hubby have been TTC for a little while,, and I wanna know like yesterday if it worked or not... I force myself to not test though... My question to you ladies is how do you hold it back? Like is there a special way or thing you think of to not want to test... And how soon can you test when you think you might be Preggers?

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midjet117
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I waited till i missed my period, and my boobs were sore. There was no use wasting money and stressing out just to get a negative test
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fran23
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Im the wrong person to ask lol I had to test right away and several times!!!
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM

lmao im the same way! gah!

amberlavine
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I think I was in denial with #2 lol so I waited a while. With my son I got a positive (with a $1 store test) before my missed period. Those $1 tests work just as great as the $10-$15 tests.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM

thanks... im still 7 days before my next period and i never get symptoms of AF this early... I think thats too early to test isnt it? 

Quoting amberlavine:

I think I was in denial with #2 lol so I waited a while. With my son I got a positive (with a $1 store test) before my missed period. Those $1 tests work just as great as the $10-$15 tests.

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

belleher90
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting midjet117:tru do not waste ur money!! just wait for actual sighns

I waited till i missed my period, and my boobs were sore. There was no use wasting money and stressing out just to get a negative test

TexasWife
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

It was hard!

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I have a schedule lol

I bought enough wondfo tests to last me a year with that schedule and if I run out, I don't buy anymore. 

AA2.0
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:42 AM

My boobs were sore for a couple of weeks. I waited until 5 days BEFORE my period was expected, like the FRER box tells you. lol It was positive, though. I'm a chronic tester. Even when I'm not TTC. I get paranoid easily. lol

gabeybaby07
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I am not ttc.. but due to funky periods from my pcos.. my cycle likes to skip months.. so i always have a "i could be preggers" thought when my period decieds to just not come. I test right away. I cant wait. I usually buy a few of them because i know morning pee is the best.. but i have to at least try as soon as i get the tests. Thankfully i live in an area where there is a dollar store on every corner. So.. buying test after test doesnt tear a hole in my pockets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN