Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I don't want my love life affecting my baby.

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 27 Replies

The story of my life is pretty much this, before being with my child's father, I was a party girl and this and that, I was not matured enough. When I got pregnant him & I decided to stay together and try to work it out. We couldn't. And I was talking to a friend, female, which later on we became partners. We've been together for a year and 2 months, he stopped helping me with diapers, food, taking care of him, like literally everything. He never tries to visit him and never even calls to see how my little guy is doing. But her, she helps with EVERYTHING. My family just hates the fact that I'm with a female and they keep saying that my baby shouldn't grow up to this. But, I'm happy and most importantly HE'S HAPPY. As soon as he see's her coming, he automatically starts smiling and crying for her to hold him. I know she loves us both because of her actions, but .. Sorry girls I needed to vent .. I know I'm not the only one out there like this. 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwer
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
2 moms liked this

As long as you and your son are happy then thats all that should matter :)

Clrk.Lina2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope me and my partner are expecting our first child together my parents absolutely don't like her because I'm with her but if it weren't for her I wouldn't have gotten pregnant she literally paid for the procedure and has been there from the insemination to every dr appt. Now her family actually loves the fact that we are together and accepts us and our little family that we have created her mom has even been excited to be called grandma and she hates that word lol. I say this to say that no matter what you are sound there is always going to be someone who has a problem or issue and there will be people to support you. If your partner makes you happy and supports then hell screw everyone else!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tilly030409
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Agree with the above posters!

.Peaches.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

How will this negatively affect your son? The more people that love a child, the better, I say.

I have a gay aunt that I went to stay with everyone summer, and another gay aunt that lived right down the street from her- even though my parents are Christians and I am too, you think they let the fact that my aunts are lesbians keep me from visiting? Not once.

I think you're letting what people say get to you too much. If they're not paying any of your bills, your rent, putting food in your house, gas in your car, or taking care of your child, then their opinion shouldn't matter. At all.

Slayton723
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM
There are plenty of kids out there raised by same sex parents that turn out fine! Your family is just closed minded (sorry not trying to offend) it's better for your son to be raised in a happy environment with two moms then a bad environment with a mom and dad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as your child sees love and happiness he will grow up healthy.
MommieSDW
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Love is all that matters hun. Your baby has two loving moms, what more could he need? I'm a huge advocate of same sex relationships.
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM
3 moms liked this

You child is growing up in a home with 2 people that love each other and love him. There is nothing wrong with that. 

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM

so long as people are not being irresponsible parents, i really dont care if they are with someone of the same sex. ive found many parents of the same sex to be better parents then opposite sex couples. so long as everyone is happy, being responsible, and everything is going good....who really cares

HeathLaw22
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM

My mom is the only straight woman in our family besides her mother, but my aunts have kids and they are awesome. What I have read kids raised by two mom's are more likely to do better in school, and be kinder. My father never wanted anything to do with me and my brother and I remember when I was little I asked my mom for another mommy cause I didn't want a daddy anymore, but I wouldn't have known anything about having two mommies had my cousin not had two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN