Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

baby photos *update if anyone remembers this LOL

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think this is very wrong for his mother to hold back photos of her own son?

Options:

no, it is her choice

yes, very childish and wrong

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Well finally she gave up a few of them. :) I think it mainly has to do with trying to get back into our lives cause she knows about our baby due in December. But after all this waiting and all the arguements it has stirred it sure makes me feel better that now we kinda know what our baby will look like. I have never seen half of these photos and neither has my DF so we are really happy. :)

Hoping to find some good answers to this. Well recently I have been asking my boyfriend's mother for baby pictures of him. She finally told him tonight that he will never get them. The only one I really want was taken by a Walmart photographer  when he was a few months old in the early 90s. It was probably the earliest picture I ever saw of him. Is there anyway you think I can somehow get this photo through the company?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
You can't get a copy without an order # ect and they may not have it in file this many yrs later. Both my parents told me to F off about baby pictures not a big deal to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamelkat9
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Ouch! and its always been a thing for me since I saw a friend do it... compare side by side baby photos of the child and parent. My great aunt has photos of all her children and grandchildren hanging up in her house but all of the photos are when they were 4 months old.

Nford2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Scan it in the pc
busymom64064
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is really weird that a mother would hold back baby pictures of her child.

tilly030409
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

ASk her if she would be willing to take the photos to CVS or Walmart and have copies made for you and him to have. I don't give out original copies of pictures either.

karamelkat9
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I have asked for copies but only to hear a no. So i asked what if you scanned them (i know she has a scanner) and then e-mail them to us. Then we can print them out with no hassle. NOPE. There is no way possible to get these pictures.

karamelkat9
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We live in Texas and she lives in Oklahoma. That is what I thought would be best for her to scan them and no deal with that either.

Quoting Nford2012:

Scan it in the pc

Nford2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Did she say why she won't let him have it?
karamelkat9
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

She said exactly "he will never f***ing get them". He was talking to his grandma on the phone and that is what she said yelling in the background. Just background info, she is 37  and lost custody of her 3 youngest children due to drugs of which she still takes. Mentally she is a psycho! THAT is why she won't let him have them. (She figures this is her way to control him. That is what another person recently told me)

Quoting Nford2012:

Did she say why she won't let him have it?

Nford2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Wow sorry to hear that :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)