Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

No Energy!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I'm a stay at home mom living with my family and have a 3 month old dd. I start school next week and have been designated the family housewife...that's all fine and dandy but I have no energy! I clean, cook, take care of dd, help take care of my borderline autistic brother, and tonight I got a talking to because I'm not doing enough in a timely matter.

Its hard to do everything with no energy...no motivation and not able to keep focused.

How do you ladies do it? I picked up a bottle of B-12 so hopefully that'll help. What do you use/do to be able to do everything in a timely manner and to at least a B+ standard?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:16 AM

is your vitamin d low? iron? if those are low you can feel low on energy. that and lack of adequate sleep, as for my house.....there really isnt expectations. just make sure things (clothes) are not all over the floor, dishes are done daily, for the most part toys picked up and bathrooms are decent. not very high standards. but its also just me and dh and our 2 almost 3 kids in our own home so we can set our own rules on how things are done

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Jeez,  need to move is possible, taking care of extra people besides you and baby adds extra stress to your body.  People need to help out anyone who lives there that is capable of lifting a rag or pushing a mop.

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I get more than enough sleep. I'm in bed by 8 and I read for about a half hour. I also make lists of everything that I need to get done. 

You should also sit down with your family and ask them what their expectations are so that you're aware. Then keep an open dialogue going with them so that they know if they're expecting more than what you're able to do.

AA2.0
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I have to force myself. Nothing else has worked for me.
I would sit them down like PP suggested and get an idea of what their expectations are. I would also find out if they will be maintaining those expectations when you start school so that you know what you're in for.
If they are expecting too much, you have to talk to them about it. Regardless of your employment status, you should not be everyone's maid.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Are you depressed?
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I know how that goes.  I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatique and I have my bad days...like today, all I could do is sleep, I'm so tired.  I just do the best that I can and try and work around it.

TexasWife
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM

i make a ton of list. just dont lose them...

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Try green Smoothies! And a multivitamin /mineral supplement. I am also always tired and what not. But I have a blood deficiency that makes me that way. I should watch what I put into my body but I don't :-/ but this helps
momof3jam
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

You are tired. You have a lot on your hands - and a BABY. We all are like that at one point or another. Tell them that you understand what they expect of you, but you're still learning and it will take a little while before you have things down to a science.

Then make yourself a schedule for the week. Pencil in schooltime, etc, and a list of things that MUST be done that week. Then attempt to beat the list and get as far as you can, but don't stress out about it. They will understand, they are pushing you to see just how much you can do - and if you set your standards super high for them, they're going to expect that much ALWAYS.

And Slimquick. I don't take it FOR the energy, I take it for weight loss, but I've noticed that it REALLY keeps you in a good mood and keeps you moving. Well that, and a lot of coffee lol.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I second checking your vitamin D and iron levels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN