Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

baby, school, work.. HOW?!?!?!

Im a single mom at 23 years old.  Anthony's father doesn't help nor see himm  How do you moms do it? school work and the baby?? I need advice and some self confidence because im terrified of the coming months! In feb, I start my CNA2 class whcih is only 2 weeks.  However when im licenced i will be working 3 12's a week at different hospitals.  Plus i signe up for school this coming summer.  I know the only way to better Anthoy's life is through schooling for me. however, im not sure how to juggle it all!? advice?!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ali5683
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Do you have family, trusted friends and/or a church you could get in contact with to help out? I don't have any family, friends or church around to help. But my sons dad is always around. If he wasn't, I'd be screwed. I work full time, have a side business and am working on trying to finish my Bachelors Degree.

Being a single mom is tough but rewarding. It'll all work out. :)

lavagirl27
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the key is a good support system make sure the people are reliable. just keep thinking of your son and how it will benefit him in the future and you will succeed. keep telling yourself that you can do it dont think negative always think positive.

Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I work 9-5 doing hair and go to school at night.My son goes to preschool 9-12 then I pick him up to take him back to the babysitter and go back to work..My mom keeps him at night while I go to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Based on what I've seen from those who do it. . .

Know that it's hard, but possible.

Get help.  Don't be afraid to ask for it.  You need resources and support -- seek them out.

Remember you're doing it for your son.  Model the person you want him to be; it's the best thing you can do for him. 

Good luck.  I've got tons of respect for you.

wigglesmomma22
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I do it, and it isn't easy.  I was lucky enough to find a job that I can take my DD with me.  I work in a gym's kids club a few evenings during the week.  There are times when its just her and I, so I count that as quality time.  I do notecards like they are going out of style, I meal plan so I'm spending less money on food and eating out less.  I'm not sure its the best idea, but I study when I'm in the car.  I glance at a note card and answer it while I'm driving.  One day at a time.  I almost had a meltdown yesterday just thinking about the upcoming semester.  I have two semesters left and come hell or high water I'll do it.  Organize yourself before the semester starts and try your best to stick to your schedule.  It isn't easy, but you are correct, graduating is the best thing you can do for you and your child. 

mamasbelly3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Takes a village to raise a child.

First off good for you for trying to better your lives. :) I know going to school & raising. Baby can be tough...I'm in that situation right now. Do you have any family support? Does your school have Childcare? My son will be going to school with me this semester which makes it nice & peace of mind knowing my son isn't too far away. Last semester I relied on my SO & various family members and friends to help get me through. I don't work but I could only imagine balancing all 3. You can do it! :)
mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Just buckle down and do it. Time management is everything! I work full time, school starts back next week.I am married but I always say its like having a 3rd kid. Make sure you schedule at least a few hours for him and you. Like a Saturday morning or afternoon for 3 hours where you don't clean cook or do homework. Just chill with him! Pm me if you need to.
avasmama1375
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I am 20 I have a 2 year old and I go to school full time I am waiting to get into a nursing program to be a RN I am a CNA right now and have been working for doing private home care for a year. If I wasn't completely determined to finish school and give my daughter a better life I would have quit school already it is hard but u can do it! I suggest looking for a job doing home care there is a lot of down time and I am able to do a lot of studying at work. What r u going to go to school to do?
TexasWife
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM

thinking of the end result has pushed me through a lot.

Soon2bmrsp0226
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

support system. family. everytime you feel like giving up, remember why youre doing it in the first place. & think to yourself "this too shall pass"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN