Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

baby, school, work.. HOW?!?!?!

Im a single mom at 23 years old.  Anthony's father doesn't help nor see himm  How do you moms do it? school work and the baby?? I need advice and some self confidence because im terrified of the coming months! In feb, I start my CNA2 class whcih is only 2 weeks.  However when im licenced i will be working 3 12's a week at different hospitals.  Plus i signe up for school this coming summer.  I know the only way to better Anthoy's life is through schooling for me. however, im not sure how to juggle it all!? advice?!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Replies (91-99):
optikalangel
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

You can do it!! My husband travels a lot for work so sometimes he will be gone the whole week.  I am currently working 40 weeks and have been full time in school for 2 years.  It is difficult but will be worth it.  Just know that you will freak out at times and it is okay.  Sleep deprivation can do that to you. I try to find other parents in class so that I can work on projects and assignments with them.  Parents are more understanding about time committments and help out sometimes.  Also, use family and if you do not have any then find some friends because they will be a lifesaver at times. My 16 weeks in the semester are often spent with little TV, homework between work breaks and lunches, and long nights.  As long as you understand and accept that up front; then, you can succeed!

MaddiesMom1001
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
It's definitely hard work but its feasible. How I'm making it through.... A good support group. Not just someone who will watch the baby but someone to vent to and someone that encourages you to keep pushing through when you feel like you can't possibly do anything else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kelsey12
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM
It's not easy by any means but you can absolutely do it! I have 2 jobs, 13 credit hours, and my 3 year old daughter. It takes a lot of perseverance, determination, discipline, but you can do it. Friends and family help me a lot with babysitting but before they did I had an awesome sitter with great hours and rates. It takes a lot out of you but it's worth it. I have to sacrifice time with my little girl now but in the end I'll be happy I did. To counter that she is on a very different sleep schedule than most kids. Because my jobs can keep me at work from 8 am to as late as midnight but bc of that she stays up pretty late, 1 ish, and sleeps until about 10. I know that wont work forever but I'll be done with school in a few semesters. Good luck and stay strong!!!
logansmommy27
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM

i do all three everyday. help from my family is a big one. someones always babysitting him while im at school or work. as far as the energy thing i just got used to sometimes not getting enough sleep. i just keep reminding my self it will all be worth it in the end when you graduate. it takes alot of planing, i always keep things writtin in a planner like doctor appointment and homework to make sure i dont forget anything. just stay dedicated to your schooling and it will pay off in the end for you and your son.

anthonysmom1012
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM

All you ladies are awesome! kudos definatly! 

TXCatLady
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I think that if you have the support of family and friends it makes things so much easier. I am married and my husband and I have no support from his family who lives in town so when our kid gets stuck one of us has to take off work. When our son was a baby I was fortunate to have a friend who watched him when I worked and now he goes to daycare but it is hard with two of us trying to balance our schedules...it is even harder when it is only one person and there is no support. So, hopefully you have some support.Good luck!

AnnieYates4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
You have to let go of the idea of a social life, but only for a little while, no mom ever does this with tons of energy, your going to be tired, your going to be worn out. All. The other moms are correct dedicate yourself. If your not dedicated and willing to give up comforts, then you will fail. But remember its temporary, the rewards of providing a good life for your child will far out weigh missing out on this and that for a short while
AnnieYates4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
My ex husband put me in a domestic violence shelter two years ago, I had nothing, no job, no house no nothing and no money. I lived in another state away from my family. To date I went to cna school have been working as a cna for over a year and a half, I've got some of my college for my Rn done, and I have a new man, new house, money coming in and a baby on the way, and I'm going to start back at school in August after the baby is born. Anything is possible, the only person stopping you is YOU. YOU can do this! I promise!
Reese2010727
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Same situation here.. I use my time wisely..that's all. At one point, I was working two jobs..was raising my son and stayed on the dean's list..it's possible...I only work one job now & I go to the library twice a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN