Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

***w0rKiNg MoMs** AdViCe??

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm a stay at home mom and have been for 5 years. (Since my oldest was born) and my SO gave me the option at the time and still does. But I'm getting bored of just being home all day. I love being a mother and staying home!! I want to look for a part-time job... Just so I can have my own thing going on... *-* I need it. I'm just worried I won't adjust to being away from my kids. I know there are many working mothers out there. Is it easy? I went to school and graduated and it's time to put that to good use. Any advice? Thank you..!!!
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

How old are your kids? Do they go to school? If so, you could try to find a job with hours that are during the school period, and that way you'd only be working when they're at school, and you'd be off by the time school's out. Then it'd be easy to adjust. :)

MountieMama
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I have been back at work for a week. My son is one. We do have a nanny so it may be a bit easier for me but it was still a little sad at times. Especially the 2 days I had to stay late at work and didnt get to put him to sleep. But you will get through it. It's good for them to see you work. And gain a little independence
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I think this is a perfect solution.  Good luck.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Quoting bamababe1975:

How old are your kids? Do they go to school? If so, you could try to find a job with hours that are during the school period, and that way you'd only be working when they're at school, and you'd be off by the time school's out. Then it'd be easy to adjust. :)

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
If your kids are in school, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem switching to part time. I think it will be very helpful for you and give you some time away from the house.

Just make sure to find something that has hours while your kids are in school so that you are there when they leave and when the come home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjsmommy214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You will go through and adjustment period but ti will be okay. It's easier when they are a little older. I had to go back to work when DS was only 7 weeks and it's very hard leaving your newborn.

AliKatAK47
by Alicia on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I work while they are at school. 

AO-88
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM
It's hard at first, but then it becomes okay. Until
Your kid is sick then you hate the thought of going to work.

Not to sound terrible but I was a SAHM for a while and work is my outlet I have to work of go crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I work fulltime now....i cant say sahm is easier or harder, they both present challenges. When my older 2 were lil I was able to wrk partime, the money sucked but it was a great outlet ...tho any job is a job and has potential to get on ur nerves at times for various reasons
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtsmom1986
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I'm a full time working- full time single mom. I make it work! Just think of it as a break for yourself :)

barneysaid
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
My oldest is 5 and my youngest is 2.5 y/o. I really do want to get a job and be more independent. I really need too. Finding a sitter is not an issue, but I think just being away from my boys is my biggest problem *-*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN