Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I was just curious how many kids everyone has. I'm 25 with 3 kids; my kids are 2, 3, and 5, just found out I am currently expecting my fourth. My three children have birthdays within the first half of the year so they will be 3, 4, and 6 when the baby comes. :)

If you have as many kids as I do, do people tend to judge you? I get it a lot and it's getting aggravating. I have a college degree and my husband and I are both working, but they still look at us as irresponsible :(

"Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away."
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Replies (161-170):
athomemommy08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely agree that your family's happiness is all that matters. Sadly some I the ones that judge and pester us are DH's family and it bugs me! I'm like yes I wouldn't mind having another one but our family dynamic is so good why mess with it.

Quoting Rach0307:

You sound like me. DS will be 4 in June, and by then, I'll be 27. We don't plan on having more, and we are judged a lot for it by strangers and casual acquaintances (not by the people who we care for, though, like family and close friends). We're happy with our family the way it is, and that's all that matters :)

Quoting athomemommy08:

I'm 27 with a DD who is 4. We have talked about having another one but the finances just aren't there right now, but this baby making box is closed once I hit 30. (My personal reasons, not judging others). I have been judged for only having one lol. I do not judge others personally unless I know their situation and its just crazy! However I do see why so many families are judged for having 3+ children. On the outside people tend to assume you aren't taking care of your kids and your getting financial assistance, which I see in the majority of these posts is not true. I say do what is best for you and your family. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RiotPixie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I am 27 with 3. TTC #4. My kids are 6 1/2, 2 1/2, and 17 months. Oldest is a boy. Others ate girls. They're are 2 months between their birthdays. DS is late May, DD#1 is early July, DD#2 is early September.
daytonbaby210
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I have one almost two year old and am twenty two and people look at me and judge but I do not really care at this point. I was almost twenty one when i had him.

krodden87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Im 25 with a 3 year old, 1 year old, and another due any day.
carinsmommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I'm 23 and have two girls. 5 & 3. Then another one due in July. I don't know if people notice because I really never have time to pay attention to them. I work 40+ hours, go to school full time, and take care of my kids. My hubby works 55+ hours a week as well.

KirstyL21
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I have no kids but two dogs that act like kids. waiting until i get done with school before having any.

LaideBug
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I'm 25 and I have 2 little girls 4 years and 6 months. i don't judge you, maybe a but jealous though. ;) We are lucky to have the two we have so I should just be thankful, I just can't help but wish for more.
Hanab818
by Hana on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM

i have 2. my theory is have as many kids as you want as long as you dont abuse them and can afford them, more power to you. i def dont think I could do more then 2 because the 2 I have drive me crazy once in a while.

and Congrats on baby number 4!

adira3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I have a 3 year old daughter, and a 10 year old step daughter, I myself am 26 and can't say that I have had the issue personally, though my sister who is a couple years younger is 23 and has 2 young children and seems to have that constant struggle as well, it seems that people aren't aware of how much things have changed in regards to society, and believe that at the age of 25 you shouldn't be able to handle the responsibilty of being a parent, no matter how many children it is or how well taken care of they are. Personally I know that its not something easy, but both you and your husband know your children are taken care, that you have careers, and that you are doing everything in your power to do what is right, nevermind the fact they don't know the first thing about you. Let the look, knowing in your heart that you are a fantastic mother who loves her kids and would do anything to provide for them.

proudmommaof6bo
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Im 25 with 6 kids. A 6 yo a 4 yo a 3 yo a 2 yo and 11 month old twins i get judged all the time. I don't even worry about it anymore. I do my life and i dont live it please them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)