Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all hair stylist or moms who dye their hair, I need help Update

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I have been dying my hair for years never had a problem until recently. I dye all my hair but only the top of my head gets dyed. I tried ColorOops to get all the dye out of my hair and again it just turned my top orange. This was over a month ago since I last tried. So last night I dyed my hair and again the top is only dyed. What can I try to get my hair one color again? I am really lost why my hair is not taking the dye anymore. 

Update

I posted two pictures the first one of the back of my head is before, the lower part of my hair is not dyed and is my natural hair color. The second picture is of the top of my head where the dye took very well but no where else. I used Garnier Dye, I will post a picture of the hair dye I got.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bknotnobody
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Go see a stylist.

Sounds like you may need to let it grow natural for a while, or you need a professionals help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I'd go to a professional salon.

At home dyes are absolutely horrible for your hair.

You may need it stripped or color correction.

Having hair professionally is always worth the money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bfairbanks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Are you pregnant? What color is your hair? Is the top a different color than the bottom? If the top is natural and the bottom has previous due on it that could be a reason. It also depends on what color you are Trying to go. Box colors can be tricky if you are dead set in doing it yourself try going to Sally's or a Beauty supply store to get the color toner and developer. You may need a professional stripping kit to strip all of the color out. Good luck
Bren07
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Go see a professional.
Starry412
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Would it help if post some pictures of my hair? I could upload then in an hr or so, dh is getting off work so I have attend to him for alil bit.

Quoting bfairbanks:

Are you pregnant? What color is your hair? Is the top a different color than the bottom? If the top is natural and the bottom has previous due on it that could be a reason. It also depends on what color you are Trying to go. Box colors can be tricky if you are dead set in doing it yourself try going to Sally's or a Beauty supply store to get the color toner and developer. You may need a professional stripping kit to strip all of the color out. Good luck

bfairbanks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Yes

Quoting Starry412:

Would it help if post some pictures of my hair? I could upload then in an hr or so, dh is getting off work so I have attend to him for alil bit.

Quoting bfairbanks:

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Your pores in your hair are not absorbing the dye. At home dyes are so hard on your hair. You will need to see a stylist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starry412
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Starry412
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM

ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM
In the pic it doesnt look orange.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)