Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i do?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey guys

My 19month old son is rude,cheeky,stubborn and he just does weird stuff.Like we would be in public and i give him his sippy cup then he will drink whatever is in the cup and then whoever is next to him,he will spit it all out on them.He does it to everyone but me,come to think of it.And he likes hitting other kids,scratching them and then he laughs about it,sometimes cries if i shout at him.

I really don't know what to do to make him stop,any suggestions ladies?I would really appreciate it.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Time outs and remove him from other people.  What is your discipine usually for him when he acts up?  I would only give him 2 sips at a time of a drink or none at all since he is abusing the privilege of his own cup.  Where did he see this behavior to start with for the spitting drink all over people.

heartagram_girl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

A good spanking once or twice should do the job. Yes, spanking is 'bad' and a sign of bad parenting, but spanking worked with me- it will be good enough for my son. It even worked with my nephew.

CafeMom Tickers
MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Calmly remove him from the situation, say firmly (but not shouting) "No. not nice."

Then you can redirect him to an appropriate activity.

For now with the spitting, I would only allow him to drink in his high chair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belleher90
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM

yea i agree with alot of these women....time out ...take priveleges away......and if he cant handle his sippy or playing with others...take it away.....i mean when i was young i slapped a kid in the face and my mom smacked me right back lol i never hit any one again lol .....

BevLuc
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I Do all these things ladies,spanking,taking the cup away,saying no,there is nothing i haven't tried.

He takes stubborn to a whole new level,when i spank him he won't even cry,he hits me back sometimes he'll cry for 2minutes then do it again and again and again.It's exhausting really:-(

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Yeah.. corner time for sure. If my kid ever spit on someone else, I'd have their heads! smack his hands when he scratches or pinches. Stick with the time outs though. EVERY time. Be consistent. Make him sit/stand and stay there. My kids get 3 minutes in the corner with their forehead to the wall and hands at their sides. Doesn't start until they're quiet and not crying. They know the drill by now and they rarely have to deal with timeouts anymore, thank goodness.

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Spitting = no more cup

hitting = no more play time

You have to remove him, be calm and make it clear that what he did was wrong.

We dont hit our friends, spitting is wrong etc

You have to do it every. single. time.

The one time you don't, youve screwed up any progress youve made at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)