Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A student threatened to kill my ds...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

So my ds comes home from school and we (dh and I) are asking him how his day went he tells us that a girl on his bus, who is also in his class, told him that she was going to bring a knife and gun to school the next day and kill him.  At first I was so shocked I asked him to tell me what happened again and he repeated the story.  My dh asked him what did he do and he said nothing to cause it but afterward he told the bus driver who separated them for the remainder of ride.  Needless to say, I was upset.  We are talking 1st graders here.  I decided that I am going to the school tomorrow to discuss it and would see how they handle it from there.  The evening goes on, and again we ask what happened prior to the threat and then the truth comes out:

Another boy told my ds to tease her and he did so that boy would be his friend.  I lost it!!!  We always talk about bullying and treating others how you want to be treated.  This particular boy has caused problems with my child before and I am by no means blaming him because we always tell our kids that you have your own brain, you make your own decisions and will be pay consequences one way or another.  I am so disappointed in my ds right now, to be honest, I don't even really want to talk to him right now.  I hate that he finds the need to have this particular child as a friend and is willing to put his own concious aside...

Uggghhhh!  Vent over...

---Someone asked me, what's one thing that you wish you could change about yourself and before thinking, I said I wish I wasn't so compassionate.  I wished that when someone came to be with a personal problem I didn't take it on as my own burden.  A voice said to me "But haven't I been compassionate towards you?"  Just then I realized that being compassionate and sensitive is gift from God that I've learned to love and appreciate...

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Considering its only first grade it's probably learned behavior from family or tv. The school should handle your concerns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Definitely talk to the principal. Unfortunately, kids are easily influenced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Troy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Considering its only first grade it's probably learned behavior from family or tv. The school should handle your concerns.

I totally agree.  We are the new family in the neighborhood, but I've found out that this little girl can be mean at times.  Thing is, I more upset at my ds for teasing her and in a sense provoking her.

---Someone asked me, what's one thing that you wish you could change about yourself and before thinking, I said I wish I wasn't so compassionate.  I wished that when someone came to be with a personal problem I didn't take it on as my own burden.  A voice said to me "But haven't I been compassionate towards you?"  Just then I realized that being compassionate and sensitive is gift from God that I've learned to love and appreciate...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)