Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Law vent long.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

My Sister in law and her husband and four children live with my MIL. First of all her kids are the most misbehaved crazy children I have ever met. They are 5, 4, 3, and 11 months. They are about to start potty training the 3 year old. Anyways, MIL changes their diapers all the time. I come over and she is constantly letting me know when my DS needs a diaper change, most of the time she is wrong because his balls are giant and it always looks like he has a full wet diaper. I had to use the bathroom at her house today and she comes knocking at the door telling me DS needs a new diaper, she did it a few times and I finally yelled back, "If it bothers you that much, change him." Well she laughed at me and was like haha no you can. All I can think is so you can change your 4 other grandkids diapers like you are their sole caregiver and you can't change my kids diaper once? Not only that but when DS is left in MIL's care he always comes home soaked. DH wont let her watch him anymore, she begs and begs she doesn't get to see him enough, and begs and begs to let her watch him, and even for him to sleep over, but then when we let her watch him she just complains about it on facebook, and to everyone else in the family who lets us know about it. Another thing she does that really pisses me off I bought my son a potty chair around 6 months old, because I planned on when he learned to sit up on his own I was going to place him on it while I got his bath ready and I did and still do, I also make him sit on it when he wakes up in the morning and before naptime. Well MIL thinks I am crazy for doing this, she claims it wont help him potty train any faster. I personally don't care if it does or not, at least he knows the potty is for sitting on naked and not a toy. And I want him potty trained by two, she claims that he wont be none of her kids were and that SIL's kids haven't been until four. Well first off, SIL didn't start till after three years old and second you claim you didn't start until three years old. So I think he can be potty trained by two, if not before three for sure. He is not being fully potty trained with pull ups or anything because I feel he isn't ready to use the potty yet, I just want him to get used to the fact that the potty is for sitting, so he isn't scared of it when I start really training him, and so that he doesn't play in it.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
poshkat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM

couldn't get past your DS having giant balls.......also, use paragraphs.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Bought my kiddo her first potty before she turned a year she wenta couple times and by may/june of last year she was fully potty trained and she started really potty training in feb

It took some work and a few mos but she knew what a potty chair was and is now a fully potty trained three year old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I would just ignore her. Let her say whatever she wants to say and then just do whatever it was you were planning on doing anyway.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

LancesMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hugs! Sorry you have to go through this. Maybe less visits to her house.

Good luck!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I agree. This is what I'd do.

Quoting Reina13:

I would just ignore her. Let her say whatever she wants to say and then just do whatever it was you were planning on doing anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)